AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 9th September, 2005, 08:53 AM

Send a message via MSN to Klavs

Voltage on chipset (9NPA+ Ultra)

Hi All

What have you set you chipset voltage to on this board. I'm on 1.6V and can't get the FSB beyond 280MHz. Is the stock cooling sufficient for 1.7V on the chipset or what has your experiences been here?

Thanks in advance.
Old 9th September, 2005, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klavs
Hi All

What have you set you chipset voltage to on this board. I'm on 1.6V and can't get the FSB beyond 280MHz. Is the stock cooling sufficient for 1.7V on the chipset or what has your experiences been here?

Thanks in advance.

Do not think that you will improve your OC with raising your vdd voltage to much
I think you got a little bad luck on OC. Ahum .... if you wish this calling bad luck... 280 htt is "very" good. It's a question of...." it's bad" luck if you want more, fill this in like you wish.
Example: On mi 9nda3j i could not reache somethinge like 265 mhz HTT, little less or more. But... 239 x 11 was no prob. so.... finaly my rig was even so fast with a max. CPU multiplier and a lower htt.
Now with my 9pa+sli... 295 x 9 with no prob.'s..... Oh ja..all this with the same CPU and memory sticks, but.... 300mhz is to much in my case, unstability, while some guy's can go too 300 mhz + rock stable.
Y have now the vdd V @ 1.7 V but only for some raisons y do not sure about, i think it is a sort of thinking it is the best, but anyway, everything works perfect in mi case.
Resuming, maybe you get a little more stable sytem with a raised Vdd but this not a statement.

Last edited by Hozee; 9th September, 2005 at 08:34 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 13th September, 2005, 03:19 PM
OcBible Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozee
Do not think that you will improve your OC with raising your vdd voltage to much...
I agree.
Here is a table with a previous ABIT NF7-S v2.0 maximum stable chipset FSBs..
First columns are Vdds in BIOS and the others what multimeter showed.
Attached Images

Last edited by MrSeanKon; 13th September, 2005 at 06:53 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 13th September, 2005, 04:35 PM

Send a message via MSN to Klavs

Thanks.

Shows pretty much what I have seen here. The first increase brings you much more than the later. I gained 2MHz on the FSB by going from 1.6V Vdd to 1.7V. Instead I decided to downclock and use a higher FSBRAM multiplier.

Thanks for all answers - still I would be glad for other user-experiences.
Old 13th September, 2005, 06:52 PM
OcBible Creator

Regards Klavs!
Download here O/c Bible to compute exponent n and see more useful stuff for overclockers.
At a glance your n < 0.5 (but you will find the exact value by entering all parameters)..
Old 13th September, 2005, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klavs
Thanks.

Shows pretty much what I have seen here. The first increase brings you much more than the later. I gained 2MHz on the FSB by going from 1.6V Vdd to 1.7V. Instead I decided to downclock and use a higher FSBRAM multiplier.

Thanks for all answers - still I would be glad for other user-experiences.
No prob. klavs, enjoy it.