AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 24th September, 2005, 11:03 PM

Problem with Epox 8KDA3+ Pro (Machine Check Exception)

Hi, first excuse me for the bad english, but i'm italian

I have this problem:

When using WinRAR to extract a considerable amount of data, the pc freeze and i get a BSOD that tell "Machine Check Exception".

On Microsoft Technical Help this error is reported as an hardware problem (CPU, Power Supply, Ram or Bus).

My pc is overclocked at 230x10 with default vcore and is rock solid (tested with S&M, more than 10 hours of Prime 95 and a massive gaming session at UT2004). The HD is connected to SATA port 1.
I have thought that the problem is the HTT at 230 and probably i have connected the HDD to PHY. Therefore i moved the HD to SATA port 3 and the problem is disappeared, but now i get more CRC error (with SMART control on "HDD Health").

The questions is, what ports are controlled by phy?

Thanks!