AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 29th September, 2005, 01:34 AM

Arrow Problem with 8RGMI drivers...

I bought this used EP-8rgmi on ebay as bare motherboard without drivers CD
After everything was set up I downloaded drivers from Epox russian web site
None of of them could be installed for some reason. Clicking on it just brings up error message. Without them PC just works for about an hour and then I get the blue screen with the text saying something like some of the hardware was not installed and might not be working properly.... and there's a line at the bottom saying "Dumping physical memory to disc" with the counter..
Does anybody know how can I get this fixed?
Old 29th September, 2005, 08:21 AM

The blue screen is not normal. As for drivers, go to www.nvidia.com. Platform drivers, nForce2.
Old 29th September, 2005, 05:03 PM

Thanks, I downloaded all the drivers....= but the error is still coming up when trying to install them.
Old 1st October, 2005, 02:48 PM

Run at "only" 166 FSB or if necessary 133, with relaxed memory timings. Check all of your caps.
Old 1st October, 2005, 06:44 PM

barrox,

what are some of the things we can count on here?

ie what's your os; what driver version did you download from NV -- (if it's XP, choose 3.13 for the best results); don't install the SWIDE driver, in order to minimize potential errata.

what's your cpu, and what memory are you using; what's your psu?

use the 512134 drivers for the audio; don't install the Realtek LAN file from epox, because it doesn't apply; stay away from SP2; don't install any other vga drivers than exist in XP/NV installs, if you're using onboard vid.

if you're not going to tweak at all, make sure you choose "Optimized defaults' before you exit bios, then return and shut off all non-essential equipment (like Parallel; Serial; etc); try to stay away from APIC while you're trying to see if you have a bum board).

Post back.
Old 2nd October, 2005, 07:16 AM

Yadamaker,
i've tried this driver as well,
the same problem - error on installation
my mate told me that i need to install motherboard drivers before
installing Windows as they are in conflict with the win drivers already installed on PC..
is there any way i can do that?
I keep getting that blue screen (system shutdown) when it says
"Dumping memory to disk...." every 2-3 hours
error message: 0x0000000A IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Old 2nd October, 2005, 07:18 AM

Sorry, my full specs are:
AMD Duron 1.8 Ghz
Epox EP-8RGMI mobo Geforce4 onboard graphics
one stick of 256MB RAM
80GB Samsung HD

After I built PC I installed Win XP then I checked my hardware status in Device Manager. I've got 3 yellow question marks in front of
1 Ethernet-controller
2 SM controller
3 Multimedia audio controller
It says drivers for this hardware were not installed

Then I connected to Internet and downloaded the relevant bunch of drivers from Epox website... But trying to install them brings up an error message:
"Windows has encountered a problem application needs to close"

Also my TFT monitor keeps flickering and I don't know if this has got something to do with the drivers...
Can you help?
Old 2nd October, 2005, 11:01 PM

the sm and lan controller drivers are included in the NV platform drivers -- install them right after os install, and no you can't preinstall them.

but like I said -- the 3.13s are the newest that are relevant to your configuration, so use them (or risk problems). Here's the link:
313 nv platform

NOTE: the 203+334s don't work, they cause irq conflicts, and functionality problems etc. be warned. (enough of that).

the 512134 audio drivers are the ones you'll have to d/l to use with your onboard audio. here's the link:
512134 audio

they work best and reduce the likelihood of any real conflicts with the os. (and oh -- stay away from sp2).
be prepared -- the file's huge, so I hope your internet connection is good.

during the platform drivers install, the program will run around in circles twice trying to find the relevant sound drivers to install, but you shouldn't have installed the sound drivers until after the platform drivers are installed.

also, as I said, don't install the SWIDE drivers, because they increase the incidence of errata -- they're not worth the trouble, so decline them when the window pops up about them.

be careful about where the audio drivers unzip to, because you'll likely have to 'point to' them during the audio install (or update drivers shenanigans from the Device Manager for them).

chances are you've got cpu or memory problems-slash-incompatibility(?).
but the 256 ram isn't really enough to keep you out of the 'swap file' dilemna on startup...
and you didn't list whose it was...
but there isn't any ego here to solving a problem, right, so whose memory is it?

further, to get any real speed (exceeding an hp blingo) out of this board with onboard video, you've got to exceed to a dual channel config -- no exceptions.

So, to recap:

double your ram banks;
load optimized defaults in bios -- (that's for cpu and mem);
reboot;
verify cpu and memory are set to 100% ratio -- (asynchronous won't work);
shutoff parallel and serial in bios; if you're dial up, shut off NV lan too;
reboot;
install os;
install 3.13, but skip SWIDE drivers install;
reboot;
update device drivers for audio from Device Manager (to 512134s);
reevaluate.

If you do the setup correctly, it will rule out many factors that could be blurring your vision about whether the board is a toaster or not.

Does that help yet?

Lemme run a little check about the Duron. What's its fsb again? (edit - just saw it was a 133/266). If somebody was running a 100X2 fsb cpu, you'll have to move the jumper on the board to the 133/166 position.

EDIT: is your timezone set correctly -- it seems a little off.

Last edited by YadaMaker; 2nd October, 2005 at 11:28 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!