AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 13th October, 2005, 12:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to djXternal Send a message via MSN to djXternal Send a message via Yahoo to djXternal

8rgm3i

I've heard there is no ocing that casn be done with this board... is that true? I have an athlon xp2200+ and wanted to see if i could oc that a little bit, but I'm new to ocing and really dont have much of an idea where to start

any help is appreciated.
Old 13th October, 2005, 01:31 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to hoinar

As I see the spec for you board: http://www.epox.nl/products/view.php?product_id=364 , it sais it has a NForce 2 chipset.
If you have settings in the bios to up the FSB, up/down the CPU multiplier, and up/down the voltages you can overclock it without a problem..Can't say how much, 'cause overclocking really depends also on the quality of the components. You can also try with a tool like Clockgen (http://www.cpuid.com/clockgen.php) and try to up the fsb a little, and with Cpu-Z you can see some caracteristics of you Cpu and mem.
Don't play too much with the voltages because you can burn that cpu/board.
Good luck!
Old 13th October, 2005, 05:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to djXternal Send a message via MSN to djXternal Send a message via Yahoo to djXternal

only setting are for fsb, no multiplier or voltage settings, Ive been messing with the fsb and memtest86... looks like i should be able to get it around 2.1ghz
Old 16th October, 2005, 04:34 AM

Epox ditched the atxp1 oc controller, and the rgmi's cool programmable cpu voltage controller, when they went to the 3i board revision; which imo killed a lot of the board's potential popularity for the sff guild.

you're right, you can't (or ever hope to) adjust the vcore or multi, because of that. doesn't that just bum you out!

makes me a little , to be perfectly honest... or I woulda bought a few of these just to play around with for the kids -- the original mi went 206 (with onboard vid), with just a mild bump to the vdd.

what a shame.
Old 18th October, 2005, 01:10 PM

yea... I could only get it up to 2ghz with my athlon xp 2200+

but thats fine considering heat is an issue in my carpc.... I should be getting a new EpoX board soon for my desktop and ocing that one... just gotta figure out which one