AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 1st November, 2005, 05:27 AM

FSB changes upon wake from standby

EPOX 9NPA+Ultra 10/18/05 bios, AMD4800 x2, Ballistix 1T-3-3-3-7, XP Pro all the updates

FSB 295, memory 5/6 , multi 9x -> 2655 mHZ CPU, 245 mHZ memory

On boot, cpuz correctly reports the FSB and multi
sleep and then wake-> FSB goes to 200, multi goes to 10

Installing x2 driver does not change this behavior.

I have a feeling it's a flakey bios but this behavior persists despite reflashing the bios as well as reseting the cmos.

Is there a utility like clockgen that will set fsb AND multi? (as it is now, clockgen does not allow multi control)?

Obviously I would prefer an insight as to why this is happening so I can prevent it.

And please do not say 'AVOID STANDBY'

Thanks.
Old 2nd November, 2005, 01:36 AM

Well, i found something interesting-depending on which utility you use to query FSB, you get different answers.
CPU-z 1.30 and ClockGen for nVidia nForce4 Version 1.03 will report an FSB of 200 upon wake from standby. Not surprising since they are both made by the same coders.
But so does crystal cpuID.

However, other applications like Central Brain Identifier 7.70 , GCPUID 2.0 RC, WCPUID and even the properties of 'My Computer' report the correct cpu speed.

ALL applications correctly report the fsb upon RESTART. It is just that on wake from standby that the numbers change.

Does anyone know why these apps are reporting different FSB speeds upon wake from standby?
Old 2nd November, 2005, 07:04 AM

Yeah, the same things happens on my DFI. When I come back from stand by the computer reports as running at stock settings but at almost 1.7v, I run 1.4v 24/7. Let;s just say I don't use stand by anymore.
Old 3rd November, 2005, 04:45 AM

more testing today reveals this bug only occurs on WAKE FROM STANDBY. Wake from hibernation has no problem remembering the correct FSB speed.