AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 15th January, 2006, 06:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to djXternal Send a message via MSN to djXternal Send a message via Yahoo to djXternal

8rgm3i and vcore

Hey guys i have an 8rgm3i which has no options in the bios for vcore adjustment, so to lower the temps some I used the pin mod to try and bring the vcore down to 1.475, this actually just held the vcore down to about 1.5v... without the pinmod the vcore runs at 1.55v (this is what its at currently since I got arctic silver), but the pinmod to raise the voltage to 1.6v did not do anything, is there anything I can do to raise the voltage on this board at all?

I use an athlon xp-m 2500+
Old 15th January, 2006, 07:44 PM
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion

The mod you are using is probably the 'safest' way. Anything else requires soldering and is messy and aproximate.

The volts are different for the mobile version, so make sure you are applying the right mod... I think the 1.85v is actually 2.0v for mobiles.... etc..etc..
Old 15th January, 2006, 10:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to djXternal Send a message via MSN to djXternal Send a message via Yahoo to djXternal

i used the calculator at: http://www.ocinside.de/index_e.html (AMD Pin-Mod Guide)

Ive left all the settings on the guide at 1.7v and cycled through the different types of cpu (Barton, T-Bred, and Athlon XP) and none of them changed the pins to use... any idea why this mod might not be working?
Old 15th January, 2006, 10:40 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

If you just had the voltage set, selecting a different CPU won't change the voltage jumpering. All three sets of cores use the same way of signalling voltage.
Old 15th January, 2006, 11:44 PM
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion

The mobile is different. I don't think the OCinside tool was ever updated for the mobile barton.
Old 15th January, 2006, 11:57 PM

ok looks like it works ok, just not in small increments or something, tried the 1.7v mod to see if an extreme worked, and no its running around 1.7v, still a reasonable temp for air cooled and should be watercooling this week so ill leave it there and if its too hot on water ill drop it down some....

thanks for the help