AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 8th February, 2006, 10:55 AM

EP-5LDA+ GLi

Hi, does anyone have any links to reviews on this board or any other information thanks.
Old 8th February, 2006, 11:45 AM
Steve Jobs

OCO have done a review of it.

The colour scheme doesn't wash with me, but I guess these days you have to compete for the chav market as well.
Running Fedora 15 Linux (GNOME 3)
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Drivers, Games, Demos, Mods and Overclocking Tools At AOAFiles
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 9th February, 2006, 03:22 PM
Pixel Slave to Satan

I have one of those boards getty dusty under my bed at home!
Old 11th February, 2006, 12:36 AM

Send a message via ICQ to SPQQKY Send a message via AIM to SPQQKY

Sad to here, Andy. Bust it out and give it a run. I haven't heard very good things about it. One review I read got a decent overclock, but there is no PCI lock, so it crapped out before it should have. The 945P is not a very good chipset, slower than the 925x/xe. I really wanted the 5LWA+, but cannot find one in the USA.
BFG GeForce 8800GTS OC
Soundblaster Audigy Gamer
ENERMAX EG565AX-VEFMA2.0-SLI ATX12V 535W
3 x Seagate Barracuda 300GB SATA150
160 Gig Seagate Barracuda
Asus Ageia PhysX graphics unit
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11th February, 2006, 01:44 AM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPQQKY
Sad to here, Andy. Bust it out and give it a run.
Maybe that's why it's still under his bed?
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Old 11th February, 2006, 10:11 PM
Metal Wizard

Depressing to think at this stage that any maker, especially one like Epox would build a board like thiswith no pci lock. It is just ridiculous seems as though Epox is dropping itself out of the Intel Market.By the time this board was released everyone else was already on the 955X and now the 975x. This is what the old expression, "A day late and a dollar short", was referring to.
This pisses me off cuz I have really enjoyed my Epox boards with the only Exception to that being the 5PDA+. Any where you find an Epox Motherboard at or near the top of the benches in it's class you will more than likely find my name right beside it. But in 2 weeks from this weekend there will be an ASUS 975X board in my room. It will take some time to convert over since I need to replace virtually all the pieces. I am actually hoping that Epox releases something new in the 955 or 975 to stop me from moving. But I won't hold my breath. It has been a great run with Epox and maybe I will team up with them in the future. That just won't happen til they get themselves back out closer to the cutting edge. I'm not so sure they will.

I actually considered getting the 925XE board but that would mean getting new mem and a pci vid card and still using my 540J processor and not being able to move up to even a Cedar Mill. Which looks like a real pleasant surprise of a chip. So that would be kind of pointless The 975X board will run my processor too. I am going to stick this little power house into that mobo and see what it'll do with it. Then over time Move into the Presler then later on this year Mat wants to get a Yonah. We will definately keep my present system as a part of the video rendering team Mat's we will sell to a good friend who lives in the Vancouver to our North. I am just really sad at the though of leaving EPOX. I know it is just hardware and that's that however, I do feel a loyalty the products that have served me so well.

WZ

Last edited by weldzilla; 11th February, 2006 at 10:20 PM.