AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10th March, 2006, 08:39 AM

EP-8RDA6+ PRO Major Probs

Hello,

I Just got this mobo and having some major issues with it, Set it up on test bench with just cpu,mobo,ram,vid and can not post anything just gives FF code, and the cpu fan never comes on, the northbride fan turns on and stays running but cpu fan doent even come on at all. I have tried with 3 different cpu's T-bred,Barton,Duron, Used 2 diff ram types(samsung tccc chips, pqi turbo 512dual channel kit). Even tried a pci video card as well. I have cleared cmos and doesnt help me at all.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this or if its even fixable.

thanks
Old 10th March, 2006, 11:44 AM
Chief Systems Administrator

The CPU fan not starting is not a good sign. From memory, the CPU fan is simply wired to the 12V supply for the motherboard. Is the CPU fan known to work otherwise?

Is the power supply known good, and do you have access to another PSU you could use temporarily?
Old 10th March, 2006, 01:32 PM

I dont have another psu to test but i know the cpu fan works and i used this psu in my P4 2.66 system and even works fine when i o/c to 3320, i use both the 20pin connector and the 4pin connector on both systems. no where on the epox board does it look burnt or dmg'd so i dont know why wouldnt be supplying 12v power to fan connector. Is it possible the bios could be fried? and cause this problem?
Old 10th March, 2006, 05:44 PM

How powerful is the PSU?

Epox 8RDA+, XP1700B at 2400MHz (12x200), 512MB BH5, SlitEdge, BIX
Epox 8RDA6+ Pro, XP2600M at 2645MHz (12.5x212), LittleRiverWhiteWater #095, Eheim1250, Heatercore
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10th March, 2006, 06:46 PM

Its a chieftec 360watt psu, i cant see why it would be psu issue as this psu powers my power hungry p4 2.66 which is running stable o/c at 3320 with other accesories as well. I failed to mention that only northbridge fan powers on the other 3 (3pin headers) do not poweron no matter what fan i plug into them. so must be something not supplying power to 12volt on th emobo? If i knew it was bios toast i would just order new one but maybe its southbridge or who the heck knows lol.
Old 10th March, 2006, 07:15 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

From memory (IE, I could be wrong), all the fan headers are supplied directly from the 12V rails on the PSU. EPoX had a habit of not providing any control over fan speed.

Thus, I suspect that either the board is shorting out or it's damaged in some way.
Old 11th March, 2006, 02:38 AM

I am testing this mobo on my workbench thier doesnt seem to be any place it could short and i can not see any dmg'd parts burnt physicaly dmg'd etc. Would it be possible its faulty psu even the psu works with my intel board? If the only problem is no power to the fan headers wouldnt it still post? Btw the cpu h/s doesnt even get warm northbridge and southbridge heatup as if thier working but cpu does not the moffsets to the left of cpu do not ethier get warm the moffsets near the southbridge do warm up. I heard say if u dont use both the 20pin and 4pin power connector on these boards they wont work so maybe my 4pin connector is faulty part of the psu and my intel just doesnt mind that.
Old 15th March, 2006, 10:18 PM

Well The board works flawless now. I inspected the board more closely and found that section of pcb circut was burnt off right behind the printer port close to the 3 capicators, so i just bridged a wire accross the burnt section and so far its stable, Have a Tbred xp2600+ 166fsbx12.5 in thier right now running 220x10 1:1 with 512mb dual channel kit, i dont think i can get much more overclock from the cpu have it at 1.79volt now gets to about 50-52C after running 3dmark06.

Well thank you all for your input at least my board is working now an dman i love this thing so far.