AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 6th April, 2006, 07:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to djXternal Send a message via MSN to djXternal Send a message via Yahoo to djXternal

Can I get a board repaired?

Hey guys have an 8rgm3i sitting here that wont output video through the on-board, agp, or pci slots.... I was wondering would epox be able to diagnose the problem and repair the board for me, or is it just a paperweight now?
Old 6th April, 2006, 11:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to djXternal Send a message via MSN to djXternal Send a message via Yahoo to djXternal

anyone know if they do this kind of work? or of some place that does for a decent price?
Old 6th April, 2006, 11:58 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

I'm sure Epox can repair the board, but I have no idea what they'd charge. I don't know what Epox's policy is, but I would expect that they have a flat-rate repair fee for out of warranty boards.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 7th April, 2006, 12:14 AM

alright thanks I just submitted a customer support ticket, hopefully I'll hear back shortly
Old 7th April, 2006, 01:25 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

It'd prolly be better to have your local ma&pa computer seller take a look at the m'board. I'm just sayin'.
Old 7th April, 2006, 01:26 AM

i honestly dont know of any computer shops that know anything about the workings of a pc around here
Old 7th April, 2006, 01:50 AM

Send a message via AIM to captaincurran Send a message via MSN to captaincurran Send a message via Yahoo to captaincurran Send a message via Skype™ to captaincurran

i've got the same probs with the mobo in the IDICase. it's a M22A or something like that

EDIT: Mine's a ASRock M266A. but it's not an epox mobo

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 7th April, 2006, 01:53 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by djXternal
i honestly dont know of any computer shops that know anything about the workings of a pc around here
Ain't that the truth too freakin often? To hell in a hand-basket I tells ya.
Old 30th April, 2006, 08:55 AM

i might help you with that , if the mother board is beeping but giving no display , this isnt so bad , try removing the battery for a few minutes and put it back again or try removing memory and put it back again but if the motherboard isnt beeping at all (while the cpu is on it) thats a bit harder you might need to reflash the bios and in this state the only way to do it is on an external flasher you might find one at the professional pc repair shops thats the majority of the motherboards issues