AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 9th March, 2002, 10:35 AM

Exclamation Epox Tech :Post Code on 8KHA+ 05, 0d,41?

Hi everybody,
This is my first post here. However I have read through these forum's often.

I'll get straight to the problem at hand. I use an 8KHA+. When I place one of my processor's (AGOGA Y 02 06) in the socket, then try to boot. I get the normal post codes at start consisting of FF ,C1 26 etc. Then suddenly I receive an 05 = Blank screen, 0d=Reserved, 41= Reserved. During this 05,0d,41 there is a long beep followed by slight break and short beep. Anyway at this point the boot process stop's...........

When I place one of the other processor's in, the boot process is normal and I am able to boot without any problem.

Now does anybody know why it is doing this with just one of the processor's?
Is it an indicator that the processor is damaged?
Or is it that the processor may not be cooling correctly? Resulting in an interruption of the boot process....

It would be helpful if I were informed what the codes I mentioned, display and why they do it..

Thankyou all for your time and patience.

Last edited by LORD; 9th March, 2002 at 11:05 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 9th March, 2002, 12:24 PM

IT sounds like a dead CPU to me.

I doubt that cooling alone would be the problem..even the cheapest heatsink should get the CPU through post.

Try the chip in another board to be sure.

Best of luck in the future all my friends.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 9th March, 2002, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Holst
IT sounds like a dead CPU to me.

I doubt that cooling alone would be the problem..even the cheapest heatsink should get the CPU through post.

Try the chip in another board to be sure.

I was thinking the same thing, but normally a dead cpu doesn't show any post codes apart from FF.

Maybe half dead?..............Hmm, I'll try it in another board.

Still would like to know under which circumstances or why those codes come up and what they mean. In the manual they are as I described in the first post.
Old 9th March, 2002, 07:50 PM

happened to me... My enermax cannot handle the 80 watt pelt. I took it off and reset CMOS and working again. It also happen when my water block is not fully flushed in the socket.
Old 10th March, 2002, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by spyral
happened to me... My enermax cannot handle the 80 watt pelt. I took it off and reset CMOS and working again. It also happen when my water block is not fully flushed in the socket.
Thank's for the input. Look's like it has happened to other people as well.

I reset the cmos as well. I think it (chip) definitely isn't sitting flush with the core. As when viewed from the side, chip seem's to be on an angle. The swiftech seem's to bottom out at one side.

Hopefully it can be a curable situation..........