AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 28th April, 2006, 12:24 PM

9NPA+SLi vcore fluctuations

I've been hearing about this lately, and just wondered if these boards might simply require a tighter regulated (very stable voltage output) PSU to solve the problem?
Old 28th April, 2006, 02:35 PM

Look here: http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/epox-...9npaj-sli.html or here http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/epox-...-9npa-sli.html

It's not a bug, it's a feature...
Old 28th April, 2006, 08:51 PM

That's a coincidence, because right now on this ASRock K7S41GX I get vcore readings from 1.1616 - 1.664v in CPU-Z. That's a .5 volt swing!! But it doesn't seem to affect anything adversely, so I'm not going to worry about it. Looks like EPox mobos are not the only ones with these voltage variations.

Thanks for the links.
Old 28th April, 2006, 11:47 PM

The EPoX Support told me, the vcore fluctuations are definitly not a problem of the potential transformers (five-phased on the 9NPA+ Series) like during the nforce II series.
But the ASRock only got a three phases potential transformer, so this could be the problem of the ASRock board.

A friend of mine got this curious ASRock board with AGP and PCIe and he complains of really enormous fluctuations, but also of VDimm. This flutuatic VDimm destroyed his MDT Dimms...

VDimm is very stable with the 9NPA+, so the explanation from the support makes sense.