AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 3rd May, 2006, 01:58 AM

8RDA+ network problem

I have been running two computers on a network a few years.. I just had to reinstall windows XP on one of them. Both have 8RDA+ motherboards.

The one I reinstalled the OS on seems to be missing the network adapter in device mgr.

The computer that can get on line (which was never changed) has two items in device mgr:
1. 1394 NET Adapter
2. nvidia nforce MCP networking adapter

The 2nd computer that I reinstalled the OS on has one item:
1. 1394 NET Adapter

This 2nd computer cannot browse the network or get on line. It is connected to a DSL router.

My Epox setup disk is here somewhere.. Im just not sure right now.. But I downloaded the
NVIDIA Chipset Drivers from Epox.. I ran them and I have the NVIDIA tray icon for sound ect.. but I'm missing the ethernet adapter.. I see an ethernet folder in the (NVIDIA Chipset Driver) folder.. but theres no setup.. I assume it should have been installed running the main setup Chipset drivers.. I rebooted just to see if that would work.. and its still not there..

Any suggestions?
Old 4th May, 2006, 07:06 AM
Pixel Slave to Satan

Is the onboard LAN enabled in BIOS ?

Is your router configured for security based upon MAC address filtering ?
Old 4th May, 2006, 04:12 PM

SOLVED:

Instead of using the drivers from Epox wich doesnt show a choice to install the Ethernet.. I used the ones directly from nvidia.. I then set the bios to optimized default.. and the NIC popped up installed!
Old 4th May, 2006, 05:17 PM
Pixel Slave to Satan

How odd - i've never had a problem with that board and the LAN drivers from the CD's.