AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 26th August, 2006, 01:21 AM

Smile WOW - Many Changes Have Come With Motherboards - Need Help With New Build

It's been nearly 1 year that I have visited this forum and then it was to just check something out. My last computer build was using an 8RDA3+ motherboard. Now I want to build a new system. I have no clue what SLI, but after doing a review of a few motherboards I see that 2 video cards are used and not sure why.

As I said I want to build new so I need a motherboard, processor, video card, memory along with all the other gear, but these four items are most important so I want to make sure I do it right.. Overclocking is not important to me any longer. I want a stable computer with no hassles that the entire family can use, gaming will play a part down the road, but I do not want to get to crazing with $$$ in a video card.

Any help in choosing the correct hardware would be much appreciated as time has passed me up. I am typing from and old AMD 2100 – 1.73GHz that has great stepping and in its day was able to OC this CPU to 2.6GHz, but its time to move on… Thanks in advance…
Old 26th August, 2006, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooledByWater
I see that 2 video cards are used and not sure why.
Me neither

My impressions are that Conroe (Intel Core Duo) systems will be a rich kids' game until the E4300 is widely available at a sub-$150'ish price tag, perhaps in six months.

Yeah, those price tags have changed since the XP days.

OTOH, AMD is making their AM2 platform pretty affordable right now, especially if you don't buy into the dual-core thing. I'd personally wait for a month or two of BIOS updates for the nForce 570/590 boards before spending money, and there is some speculation AMD will dump inventory in Q4 anyhow.

Yeah, I always "wait", no fun, huh? 2.6ghz is nothing to sneeze at for an XP (I'm guessing it's a TbredB?) You're much more likely to be limited in the memory and AGP departments, that is why you want to upgrade now, right?

Last edited by jnansley; 26th August, 2006 at 01:47 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!