AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 16th December, 2006, 10:41 PM

865PE Chipset Memory Support Question

Guys,

I have question regarding the Intel 865PE chipset, and support for Dual Channel DDR support. I have a Northwood 2.8B 533MHz cpu, along w/ a 1GB PC2700 DDR SDRAM stick. Mainboard is an EPoX EP-4PDA2+. Does the 865PE chipset support Dual Channel memory operation in the 800MHz FSB configuration only, or will it support Dual Channel operation w/ my 2.8GHz 533MHz FSB processor, and a matched pair of PC2700 sticks?

I can swap my 1GB stick of PC2700 for a pair of 512MB PC2700. This would only make sense if the 865PE chipset supports Dual Channel operation w/ a 533MHz FSB cpu and PC2700 DDR.

I'll look forward to hearing from those of you that know a lot more about 865PE memory support than do I.

TIA,

Jeff
Old 7th January, 2007, 05:45 PM
Metal Wizard

It will

The board will do dual channel if you give it 2 sticks and put them in the correct slots. Channel 1 is the bank nearest the cpu. the 2 slots on channel one are Dimm A1 and Dimm A2. Then you have Channel 2 it has slots Dimm B1 and Dimm B2. For dual channel operation run in slots A1, B1
or run your mem in slots A2, B2. Start at page 3-2 in your book and go through page 3-7. While you are at it take the time to read the whole book that comes with the board. If you don't have it go and download it as a pdf. file and read it. Biggest problem I see in all the forums is only a handful of us read. I built more systems on that motherboard than all others combined. When coupled with the a Northwood C processor and some G.Skill pc4400 LE memory and great cooling it willgive you astounding performance. Running the memory on the 1:1 also enables PAT or as it is called on the Epox board AMM ( Accelerated memory mode) although with a B chip you might find as much speed from the 3:4 divider, you will have to experiment and see.

WZ

Last edited by weldzilla; 7th January, 2007 at 05:46 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 16th January, 2007, 03:54 AM

WZ, thanks for the reply. I agree that the 4PDA2+ is a great board. I had one previously, running a 2.8C and 1GB (512x2) Corsair PC3200. I made myself quite familiar w/ the board my first go-around. What I don't recall, and the reason I asked the question, is that this time I was pairing the board w/ a 2.8B processor. I didn't know if the dual channel thing would play @ 533 or if it required 800MHz FSB for it to function.

FWIW it's running fine w/ the 2.8B and one stick of PC3200 1GB.
Old 19th January, 2007, 06:39 PM
Pixel Slave to Satan

Dual channel and AMM (875 optimistaions) will run on all Celerons and P4's alike on this board.