AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 29th September, 2007, 06:33 PM

Epox ep-AD580XR-woes

okay this board is going rma , lasy question is geil ram copatible with epox boards.. cause i have had a time with is thinf ... ep-ad580xr..i have triwed it all although gizo did help with the pci slots.. now this thing from the underwolrd(board or ram).. loses video... wont post bios.. and all things are brand ne.. new msi 2600xt video card 512.... new amd 6000+ cpu.... that going back makes alot of noise on the boot up... new geil pc2 6400 ram.. 2x1gb...new 0cz Xgamer psu 700watts...... i really like this board althoughj i now that they ( epox is gone) basics sometimes it boots ..and when it dose ... it may keep booting until it freezes... they the hell begins again no bios, no video..not the video card went out and got a new video card ..from...my buddy..still dose the same thin it in the box now.. i cant bear to see it... the box says vista priemum ready.. the manual says it can support 6000+ but i think that ..somthing is misssing maybe ...in any case is geil ram compatible?...
Old 29th September, 2007, 06:49 PM
AOA Staff

I'm using Giel memory on my Epox 9NDA3. The memory controller is on the CPU, anyhow.
Old 29th September, 2007, 06:58 PM

okay so i guess that a bad cpu then its also going back
Old 13th October, 2007, 05:15 AM

Naw you just need to increase the ram voltage a little. Also do not overclock this board till you give it a week or so of burn time, then it will stable out and you can start your o/c proscess! There are alot of reasons you may be having trouble other than bad cpu or bad board or bad ram!!!!!! Epox made very few boards in their later years that were what I would call unstable or bad product most were good products and it saddens me to think that ASUS or even MSI or ABITand ECS are my only choices of motherboards now!!
Saphire X3870
X-Fi Music Extreme
ATI 650 TV Wonder
Western Digital 74 Raid 0
Western Digital 74
Plextor 716A DVD-RW
Plextor PX116A DVD
Antec P160w/side window 1 120mm Blue Led Fans.
Antec NEO HE 550w PSU
GateWay FP2485W
Vista Ultimate
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!