AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 30th September, 2007, 05:59 AM

EP 8RDA3+ Pro

Hello everybody,

Well I stumbled on to these forums trying to look for a solution to my problem.

I have a 8rda3+ pro with a Athlon XP M 2600, only its not recognizing the processor. I seem to have the latest BIOS(2/8/06). The processor clocks at 1.2 Ghz when I set the memory to 200 Mhz, and states that it is a unknown processor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 30th September, 2007, 09:01 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Repo Man Send a message via AIM to Repo Man

I don't think the Epox BIOS ever recognized the XP-M properly. My 8RDA3+ recognizes my XP-M because I have a custom BIOS by Taipan.

But CPU recognition isn't that important; I never noticed a significant difference between the custom BIOS and the factory one. What is really significant is that you have the memory/FSB speed set too low. You want DDR400, not 200.

If you want to try the Taipan BIOS, it's available here, 8RDA3+ BIOS
Edit: Nevermind, the 8RDA3+ Pro is a different motherboard.

It is the dull man who is always sure, and the sure man who is always dull.
H. L. Mencken

Last edited by Repo Man; 30th September, 2007 at 09:10 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 30th September, 2007, 09:15 PM

Actually I tried the BIOS under the 8RDA6+ Pro and now recognizes it, but still at the wrong speed.

Also I set the 200Mhz in the Bios so is technically running at 400Mhz cause of the whole DDR thing.

Last edited by (EviL DeaD); 30th September, 2007 at 09:16 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 30th September, 2007, 09:44 PM

I'd start with something safe, 10.5x200 FSB in Advanced Chipset Features. The POST screen should display both DDR400 and 2,100 MHz. Double check the speed with CPUZ once you are in Windows.

H. L. Mencken
Old 30th September, 2007, 10:57 PM

Manually set it 11.5 x 200Mhz = 2.3 Ghz. Seems everything Ok now. Tried for 2.4 but unstable.

Thanks a lot!!

Last edited by (EviL DeaD); 30th September, 2007 at 10:59 PM.
Old 30th September, 2007, 11:08 PM

I'm glad I could help.

H. L. Mencken
Old 2nd October, 2007, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (EviL DeaD) View Post
Hello everybody,

Well I stumbled on to these forums trying to look for a solution to my problem.

I have a 8rda3+ pro with a Athlon XP M 2600, only its not recognizing the processor. I seem to have the latest BIOS(2/8/06). The processor clocks at 1.2 Ghz when I set the memory to 200 Mhz, and states that it is a unknown processor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
This is absolutely normal. The only thing to do is setting parameters manually. You probably tried Merlins bios for your board?
8RDA6+ Pro Romsip Mod

There were two releases and both them require a little extra info, as there are a few minor flaws.
The 8RDA6+Pro and 8RDA3+Pro are the same board, the last one lacks the SI SATA RAID controller. That's the only difference.

This board is excellent for overclocking and Merlins bios mod makes it even better. First check for stable memory then CPU. If your cooling can take it you can also add as much voltage over the CPU as you'd posibly need. Try it, those XP-M chips are great.
Always, always run in synchronized mode with memory and FSB.
If you have additional questions, just ask.
2x WD Raptors 74gb R0
2x Maxtor 300gb
Asus Geforce EN8800GT
Windoors XP Pro sp2

Download here OcBible 1.55 & Guidemania v1.21
Old 17th October, 2007, 03:10 PM

Also, if you remain with a stock BIOS, you will have greater stability at higher FSBs if you do the L12 mod (Google)

Last edited by jnansley; 17th October, 2007 at 03:10 PM.
Old 19th October, 2007, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnansley View Post
Also, if you remain with a stock BIOS, you will have greater stability at higher FSBs if you do the L12 mod (Google)
Actually a modded bios with hardware L12 mod is even better.
2x WD Raptors 74gb R0
2x Maxtor 300gb
Asus Geforce EN8800GT
Windoors XP Pro sp2

Old 17th November, 2007, 12:36 PM

I know plenty of people have had good luck with them, and I even have a spare BIOS chip, but for me, meh....
Old 20th November, 2007, 10:26 PM

one of Merlins Bios`es rendered my board dead about three days after I bought it new. I waited for a few weeks for a new bios chip from Epox "they sent it free how nice of them" anyway a few weeks ago I tried merlins Bios again and my system kept locking up I tried everything cause I wanted those high mem bandwidth scores but with no lick now I am running the 02/08/06 official bios again at least I have two bios chips now. Cannot wiat to mess with the new CPU I just ordered an Athlon mobile AXMH2400FQQ4C ADYHA 1.45v 45w hopefully this will hit 2.5 or more then. I got a few extra socket A CPUS now but cannot find any good Nforce 2 boards to buy this suxz. good luck with your setup
PNY GEFORCE 7600GS 512MB 8X AGP
MAXTOR 500GB SATA 1 AND 80GB 7200 ATA 133
LITE ON DVD/CD BURNER
ANTEC EA380W DUAL 12V RAILS
POWER UP MIDTOWER CASE
SAITEK RUMBLEFORCE GAMEPAD
Old 21st November, 2007, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOUTSAMD View Post
one of Merlins Bios`es rendered my board dead about three days after I bought it new. I waited for a few weeks for a new bios chip from Epox "they sent it free how nice of them" anyway a few weeks ago I tried merlins Bios again and my system kept locking up I tried everything cause I wanted those high mem bandwidth scores but with no lick now I am running the 02/08/06 official bios again at least I have two bios chips now. Cannot wiat to mess with the new CPU I just ordered an Athlon mobile AXMH2400FQQ4C ADYHA 1.45v 45w hopefully this will hit 2.5 or more then. I got a few extra socket A CPUS now but cannot find any good Nforce 2 boards to buy this suxz. good luck with your setup
The rendering dead part was my mistake, IIRC I gave you the wrong download link.

Describe locking up. It might be a good idea to try and get this sorted out, certainly now that you have two bios chips.
You seem determined to overclock, so on this board you'll have to either do the L12 mod yourself before inserting the new CPU, or you'll have to resort to a modded bios. Only Merlin released those for this board and those are of course unsupported. Personally I'd recommend to do both the socket mod and use a modded bios.
I'm still running Merlins first mod, btw. I also suggest you flash the newest bios on one of your bios chips and make sure it boots properly. Epox is not going to send you a new bios chip, the company is gone.
2x WD Raptors 74gb R0
2x Maxtor 300gb
Asus Geforce EN8800GT
Windoors XP Pro sp2

Old 25th November, 2007, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf2000me View Post
The rendering dead part was my mistake, IIRC I gave you the wrong download link.

Describe locking up. It might be a good idea to try and get this sorted out, certainly now that you have two bios chips.
You seem determined to overclock, so on this board you'll have to either do the L12 mod yourself before inserting the new CPU, or you'll have to resort to a modded bios. Only Merlin released those for this board and those are of course unsupported. Personally I'd recommend to do both the socket mod and use a modded bios.
I'm still running Merlins first mod, btw. I also suggest you flash the newest bios on one of your bios chips and make sure it boots properly. Epox is not going to send you a new bios chip, the company is gone.
The company is gone?? I wonder why ever since I got my 8kha+ i loved them that suxz to hear
PNY GEFORCE 7600GS 512MB 8X AGP
MAXTOR 500GB SATA 1 AND 80GB 7200 ATA 133
LITE ON DVD/CD BURNER
ANTEC EA380W DUAL 12V RAILS
POWER UP MIDTOWER CASE
SAITEK RUMBLEFORCE GAMEPAD