AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 20th November, 2007, 11:20 AM

Vista on 9NPA+Ultra, need audio

It's 3am here and my neck is killing me.
I need to deliver a computer tomorrow (a 9NPA+Ultra) that I'm working on for someone and I can't get the onboard audio to work.

Initially, Vista provided everything-- chipset drivers, video card drivers, audio, although Vista did hound me about the Realtek drivers not being made for Vista. Hey Vista, you gave them to me!

But still, I wanted to make sure the chipset drivers were true nvidia4 drivers for highest performance, so I downloaded chipset drivers for Vista from nvidia.com and installed. No change except no audio.

The chipset drivers from Epox.com didn't offer anything for the NPA+Ultra in Vista and even so, just try to download anything from them. As a result this may be the last Epox board I buy, inspite of the fact that I like their mainboards and have purchased and sold several.

I think it's the "Realtek AC'97 Audio" as that's what I read in the Device Manager. Can anyone help?

Another thought-- I have a couple of sound cards still in the box
1. Mad Dog Prowler 4.1 DSP and
2. Mad Dog Predator 5.1 DSP
Online both don't mention Vista so I assume the worst.

Does he need to buy a Vista ready sound card?

Thanks.
Old 20th November, 2007, 12:48 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

It may well be the last EPoX board you buy, as EPoX no longer exist. As Vista came out after they disappeared, it's not likely that you'll get much support unfortunately.

You could try removing the nvidia audio drivers and replacing them with the standard Vista drivers.
Old 20th November, 2007, 06:50 PM
AOA Staff

The audio chip will be a Realtek ALC850.

You could try removing the nVidia audio driver, and installing a Realtek AC97 driver.

Realtek AC 97 Audio Drivers

No idea if that will work.
Old 20th November, 2007, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Áedán View Post
It may well be the last EPoX board you buy, as EPoX no longer exist. As Vista came out after they disappeared, it's not likely that you'll get much support unfortunately.

You could try removing the nvidia audio drivers and replacing them with the standard Vista drivers.
Epox gone? Well no wonder I can't download. That is sad. I really liked every epox board I've bought. Infact, they're still in use today, even the (2) 8RDA+ that I sent back to epox because of leaking caps.
I am genuinely saddened by this... must be low blood sugar.

Please! How do I remove the nvidia audio drivers permenantly. I'll try googling until you reply.
Old 20th November, 2007, 07:34 PM
AOA Staff

Go in to Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Sound, Video and Game Controllers > Right-click on nVidia nForce Audio Codec > Uninstall Driver.