AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 28th December, 2008, 06:48 AM

Unhappy Need latest BIOS for EP-8K5A2+

Help! Is anybody left around here?

I am experiencing WinXP crashes related to writing to a drive connected to the embedded Highpoint (HPT370/372) controller on the 8K5A2+. I suspect this is because my HPT controller driver is at 2.35 while my HPT BIOS is at 2.32.

I tried to download the latest BIOS from EPoX Website and found that the latest BIOS is K5A23407.exe dated 04/07/2003. However, I am unable to download it. I either get a network connection error, or when I do get through I am presented with an empty directory by the FTP server.

Would anybody have the K5A23407.exe file or be able to point me to a place I could find it? Couldn't find it in the Files section.

Any help appreciated.

Also if anybody knows what HPT BIOS version is bundled in the mobo BIOS, it would be very useful information.
Old 29th December, 2008, 12:04 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Sorry if AOA Files doesn't have it, ...That's where I always go...":O}
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 29th December, 2008, 12:20 AM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooo View Post
I tried to download the latest BIOS from EPoX Website and found that the latest BIOS is K5A23407.exe dated 04/07/2003.
You can download that BIOS from AOAFiles here: 8K5A2+ v. 3407

However, we have a newer BIOS, the 3916, released 11/14/2003, available here: 8K5A2+ v. 3916

As for the Highpoint version, haven't a clue. However, if you've got the latest drivers for your mobo, then I'd have to suspect the 3916 BIOS is the one you want.

Last edited by Gizmo; 29th December, 2008 at 12:22 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 29th December, 2008, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
You can download that BIOS from AOAFiles here: 8K5A2+ v. 3407

However, we have a newer BIOS, the 3916, released 11/14/2003, available here: 8K5A2+ v. 3916

As for the Highpoint version, haven't a clue. However, if you've got the latest drivers for your mobo, then I'd have to suspect the 3916 BIOS is the one you want.
Great! Thanks. Gosh I must be going blind...it was right there. I guess I didn't look all the way down...

Downloaded and successfully flashed to the new BIOS. Sadly though, the Highpoint BIOS is not updated and is still showing as v.2.32. Can't flash the Highpoint controller using the Highpoint utility, since it is embedded in the Epox motherboard. Will search and then likely start a new thread for this.

Many thanks for the quick response. Also thanks for pointing out the correct version of the file for the 2+ board.

Last edited by mooo; 29th December, 2008 at 08:45 AM.
Old 29th December, 2008, 06:55 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

I work here and I have trouble sometimes...":O}
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 29th December, 2008, 07:47 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooo View Post
Great! Thanks. Gosh I must be going blind...it was right there. I guess I didn't look all the way down...
Heh. No, you weren't going blind. The files in that directory aren't labeled very well (they are from very early in AOA's history) and consequently wouldn't have showed up as anything interesting until I did some research and went in and relabeled some of them.

I've heard there is a way to patch the Highpoint BIOS into the system BIOS file (thus updating it), but I've not done it myself so I don't know how to do that.

Last edited by Gizmo; 29th December, 2008 at 07:48 PM.
Old 29th December, 2008, 07:49 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

No wonder i have trouble! LOL
Well done Gizmo!
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur