AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 18th February, 2010, 06:37 PM

Need drivers for 8RDA6+pro

My PC won't talk to my mouse or keyboard. I believe I screwed up the registry. I, of course, can't get in to fix it (no, safe mode does not work either). I am trying to build a RAM based OS CD. To do that I need the drivers for the motherboard. I have them but they are on a drive in the PC, and I don't have anything that I can add the drive to for access.

I have spent days on the web. Almost every site I find, feels the BIOS is a driver, and that is all they have. Every place I actually saw drivers is a scam or points to the Epox site, which still exists, but asks for a user name and password to download anything.

I tried to use the Supox site to see if that was still alive, but something I have loaded has it marked as a blacklisted site and I don't know what package is doing that. Don't you just hate software that does things and issues messages but fail to actually identify themselves on the messages.

I have a CD from Epox marked 8rda Pro series. Does anyone know if this will work on the 8RDA6+Pro? It will contain early drivers.

Does anyone have a copy of the last version or something) that they could send me or put someplace I can download it? I have been at this for almost a week, and I really need to get the PC back up. I have work to do.
Old 19th February, 2010, 01:04 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

The chipset is nForce2 Ultra 400Gb, so you should be able to use the nVidia chipset drivers from nVidia WinXP - UDP (5.10) That will get you Ethernet, audio, SMbus, memory controller and GART, which is probably what you're needed. You might want to skip the IDE driver though...

I'm not sure what other drivers the 8RDA6+ might need to be honest, if any.

Last edited by Áedán; 19th February, 2010 at 01:04 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 22nd February, 2010, 11:37 PM

Thanks, I finally figured that out.
Old 23rd February, 2010, 05:42 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

That's good - have you managed to get the machine back up and running again?
Old 23rd February, 2010, 06:52 PM

Yes it is OK. I finally did it another way.

I moved the disk to another machine that I borrowed. Then I found software I could understand that let me edit a registry that was not the one being used by the booting system, and tried to fix it. I could edit but I could not figure out how to rename a particular control set to be the current control set, so I replaced it with a several months old registry backup I found in that disk that had been made by one of my applications.

So far it has not caused me any problems. There probably were not many changes to services in the months between the backup and the restore. When I feel more of an urge to go into the registry again, I will compare the new and old and align them (minus whatever I did to the original that broke it). I should never have started that without a backup. But I just did not think I needed to do it. Dumb.