AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 3rd April, 2010, 08:22 AM

Angry epox ep8rda6

guys on the same board i have does anybody happen to know what the beep code & error codes on the motherboard reader means mine happens to go to read ff when i try to install windows after post & i cant figure it out im not real familure with epox boards so any help any of you might have would sure help me
Old 3rd April, 2010, 03:11 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

FF as a post code means almost always means one of two things:
  1. Nothing initialized and the mobo is toast: this is pretty obvious because absolutely nothing happens when you turn on the power.
  2. POST has finished initialization and is ready to hand control over to the disk booter (CD, Hard Drive, whatever).

As for your other issue, I'm not familiar with that board, so I don't know if it is normal for it to report all drives as IDE devices or not. I understand that some BIOSes will do that.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 3rd April, 2010, 03:43 PM

gizmo it posts just fine & runs the bios just fine i got video & everything during post & it seems to work fine till i try to reinstall windows when it get the the first part after doing the loading of files on the windows cd the screen goes blank & then nothing else
Old 3rd April, 2010, 06:53 PM
AOA Staff

Are you using an IDE or SATA drive?
Old 3rd April, 2010, 10:22 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

He's using a SATA drive, but he says it is showing up with the IDE devices. See this thread: epox ep8rda6
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 4th April, 2010, 12:00 AM
AOA Staff

You might need to supply a disc with the right SATA driver on it, when installing Windows.
Old 4th April, 2010, 08:45 PM

well i tried something else guys instead of using my sata drive i tried my ide hard drive & heres what the deal is it loads windows from the cd on the first part just fine & then when it goes to go the second half after reboot it puts the monitor into stand by & wont come outta it & still have the ff on the diagnostic read out whats the deal?
Old 4th April, 2010, 08:47 PM

& btw when the windows cd is in like its suppose to be it trys to load windows on the first automatic like like it did when loading the computer from a cold start could that be a bios issue? if it is when i can i get the bios update for the latest 2006 release
Old 4th April, 2010, 09:36 PM
AOA Staff

What about these?
8RDA6+
Old 4th April, 2010, 10:10 PM

bios

danrok that helps but im assamed of myself the bios file is in a bin & i have winrar no biggie but im so sad i dont ever remember how to use the file right to get it to a floppy to flash the bios thats sad
Old 4th April, 2010, 10:27 PM

danrok i got a stupid ? if i took my ide hard drive & put it in here as a back up slave & loaded windows on it would there be a chance it might boot cuz yesterday i had a drive that had windows on it & it loaded
Old 5th April, 2010, 02:58 AM
AOA Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlmckelvey View Post
danrok that helps but im assamed of myself the bios file is in a bin & i have winrar no biggie but im so sad i dont ever remember how to use the file right to get it to a floppy to flash the bios thats sad
Format the floppy as a system disc, put the BIOS file and flash program on there.

Set the machine to boot from floppy.

Flash tool:
WinFlash
Old 5th April, 2010, 03:00 AM
AOA Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlmckelvey View Post
danrok i got a stupid ? if i took my ide hard drive & put it in here as a back up slave & loaded windows on it would there be a chance it might boot cuz yesterday i had a drive that had windows on it & it loaded
I would try installing an IDE drive, as the master, and install Windows on that.

It will work, if the problem lies with the SATA and drivers.