AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 3rd October, 2010, 12:35 AM

Epox EP-5EPA+ motherboard questions

Hello!

I have an older PC with Epox EP-5EPA+ motherboard (Intel P4 @ 3 GHz, 1 GB RAM, Windows XP system). What I would like to do is format an older HDD which I don't use for quite some time now (WD2000 SATA), but the problem is that it has viruses, possibly in it's MBR/boot sector too. That's why I want to low-level format it. I will uninstall my present HDD (WD3200 SATA II) with the infected one and low-format it with MHDD utility (on a boot CD-ROM) and then, when it's all done, install back my present HDD (with my system and all my data on it). What I'm concerned about is if everything will be the same then - will Epox BIOS recognise it all automatically and will I be back to normal then or will I have any trouble with Windows or anything else?

Thank you!
Old 3rd October, 2010, 11:40 PM

Please?
Old 4th October, 2010, 12:21 AM

You won't have any problems, just plug the drive back into the same port you took it from.