AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10th October, 2001, 06:20 PM

EPoX and the Palomino?

Will EPoX boards support the in die diode for temperature monitoring?

If the supercooled, overclocking crowd discovers how fast duallies feel, there will be a stampede to build SMP rigs that will make the California gold rush look like a few little old ladies pushing shopping carts at the supermarket.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11th October, 2001, 07:25 AM
EPoX Tech

In the future ....................

The V-Link southbridge at present is not adapted to our BIOS in this way.

We hope that 8233A will enable us to link to the Pally's thermal diode in order to get some very accurate temperatures.

I read a lot of forum postings and see end users saying that their temp is 32°C or 60°C because of their onboard probes and asking the question "is my temp. okay?" This causes a great deal of confusion.

Thankfully the die will add accuracy and shut-down safety in overheat conditions - a welcome addition to the processor package.
Old 11th October, 2001, 08:05 AM

Thanks for the reply. I can tell you that I will not purchase another motherboard unless it is able to read the Palomino's in die diode. If you have not seen this, you may find it interesting. Please pass this on to your R&D folks.

If the supercooled, overclocking crowd discovers how fast duallies feel, there will be a stampede to build SMP rigs that will make the California gold rush look like a few little old ladies pushing shopping carts at the supermarket.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11th October, 2001, 08:19 AM
EPoX Tech

We are fully aware of the problems with in socket thermisistors. Their inaccuracy has been long known. Trust us - we make mainboards for a living - we're on top of things.
Old 11th October, 2001, 05:09 PM

EPoX Tech,

Sorry, I was not trying to instruct you in the inaccuracy of socket thermistors. I figured you would know this. Mike Warrior's Site is a good reference to have in your bookmarks if you need to explain this problem to others.

What I was trying to impress upon the folks at EPoX is how I feel as a consumer towards the ability of a motherboard to read the Palomino's internal diode. I have purchased five performance oriented motherboards this year. The next one I buy will be able to read the internal diode.

Thank you for your time. I expect your presence here on the forums will be of great benefit to both overclockers and EPoX.

Respectfully,

Colin Thompson

Old 11th October, 2001, 05:32 PM
EPoX Tech

Thank you Colin,

Your constructive approach was appreciated, however we have a mass of data and help documents here at hand which we use as reference on a day to day basis.

Each and every day we are making .pdf files to help each other. The fruits of those labours will hopefully show in here if and when the correct questions arise.

You seem to be a most knowledgeable person and as such a great asset to this forum and perhaps many others.
Old 19th October, 2001, 06:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to The Spyder Send a message via MSN to The Spyder

Epox dude- would u suggest a Epox board w/ a Athlon Xp??/ should i steal my Digidoc 5 out of my server and put it in the Xp system do i dont cook the little pain.
1993 Mazda Rx7 R1 345whp. 2008 Mazda 3 Hatch
AOA Team fah
Old 19th October, 2001, 07:01 AM
EPoX Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by Spyder462
Epox dude- would u suggest a Epox board w/ a Athlon Xp??/ should i steal my Digidoc 5 out of my server and put it in the Xp system do i dont cook the little pain.

I would wholeheartedly recommend either of our DDR ranges for use with the Athlon XP.

They also now include the magic health feature which makes lets you know system health status at boot.

If you own a digi-doc, its always good to have a good use for it, and since Athlon XP is one nice processor, I'd use it to look after it.