AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11th October, 2001, 06:55 AM

Lightbulb BIOS isnt seeing the clockspeed, AGP mulitplier, or the bus speeds

Hello

I have an EP-8KHA m/b with latest BIOS installed 08/09/01

I have an Athlon 1.4ghz, and a Geforce2 Pro 64mb from leadtek

the BIOS only shows the clockspeed at 1050mhz, the bus at 200, the memory bus at 133, (both should be at 266), and the AGP has only 2 selections, 1x and 2x (should have a 4x option).

please help,
thanks
Old 11th October, 2001, 07:14 AM
EPoX Tech

It seems that you may be using the Athlon Thunderbird B Processor which runs on the 200 FSB.

If this is the case, without the "pencil trick" (which we cannot support due to invalidation of AMD's warranty)the chip cannot run at 266Mhz FSB.

The memory bus should only be 133Mhz as stated. The DDR thing doesn't mean the memory is running at 266Mhz, but at 133Mhz with double the data transfer. Trust me on that one.

Regarding the AGP card, please note that some manufacturers make their AGP 4x cards on a 3.3v process. This prevents them from complying fully with the AGP 4x standrad which requires 1.5v for AGP.

Please visit the following page over the next 48hours when a new BIOS will be uploaded dated 11th September - http://www.epox.com/html/english/sup...bios/8kha.htm.

DO NOT TRY TO FLASH WITH THE 8KHA+ BIOS
Old 11th October, 2001, 07:53 AM

Ok

Well the processor is suppose to be 266.... i got the 1400/266 as it says on the retail box

I'll check on the voltage of the geforce card...

Aside from those, what about the processor only reading at 1050mhz?

thanks
Old 11th October, 2001, 08:17 AM
EPoX Tech

oops - I didn't see the bit about the 1050Mhz !!!

Make sure the the JCLK 1 jumper is set to 133Mhz, or set the BIOS to 133Mhz (8KHA's dividers mean it does not ever go above 39Mhz PCI, so BIOS alteration alone is safe upto 200Mhz).

Setting JCLK1 to 133Mhz will give 1400Mhz.
Old 11th October, 2001, 10:46 PM

great, that worked... it's running at 1400mhz and fsb 266
although it reset the BIOS, but that's ok

about the 4xAGP

you're right the vAGP is 3.3v and the vcore is 1.8v

the leadtek box says that the geforce card supports 4x, and the motherboard says it supports 4x, is it possible for me to change the voltage from 3.3v to 1.5v?

thanks
Old 12th October, 2001, 06:03 AM
EPoX Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by calyk
great, that worked... it's running at 1400mhz and fsb 266
although it reset the BIOS, but that's ok

about the 4xAGP

you're right the vAGP is 3.3v and the vcore is 1.8v

the leadtek box says that the geforce card supports 4x, and the motherboard says it supports 4x, is it possible for me to change the voltage from 3.3v to 1.5v?

thanks
Unfortunatley not - you've been "had over". The card supports AGP2x voltage and 4x data transfer and as such in a modern mainboard is classed as 2x. Nothing can be done to alter that.

What I always try to stress to people is to do a little homework before you purchase components in order that you get what you want working how you want it to.