AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11th October, 2001, 01:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to Dom

divider at 167?

Is there a divider kicking in at 167Mhz FSB on 8K7A+?
Old 11th October, 2001, 03:33 PM
EPoX Tech

Please refer to the technical documentation for the clock generator on the board - the ICS 94225AF.

This will show the AGP and PCI frequencies for the chosen FSB frequencies.
Old 11th October, 2001, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EPoX Tech
Please refer to the technical documentation for the clock generator on the board - the ICS 94225AF.

This will show the AGP and PCI frequencies for the chosen FSB frequencies.
Dude!!! How about a yes or no answer?
¤GF2MX 230core/205mem
¤431W Enermax PSU
¤2 X 20Gig Barracuda III RAID0
¤WXP Pro
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11th October, 2001, 07:38 PM

Send a message via ICQ to dimmreaper Send a message via AIM to dimmreaper

Quote:
Originally posted by sonny

Dude!!! How about a yes or no answer?
I think our most wonderful EPoX Rep, is thinking along the "give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will eat for a life time" lines here. And how can that be a bad thing? Remember that our EPoX Rep is here out of the kindness of his heart (assuming he is a he and not a she), and might not have time to look up every single answer. Often it is more than enough for him to point us in the right dirrection, no?

Wishing you were someone else is a waste of the person you are. - Kurt Cobain

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11th October, 2001, 08:04 PM

Where is this technical documentation located at?
Old 11th October, 2001, 08:21 PM

http://www.icst.com/

AOA Team fah
Old 11th October, 2001, 10:24 PM

Send a message via ICQ to proze

there's no datasheet for that chip on the sight you posted jeff. it mentions a 94225 in some .pdf, but nowt about the 94225AF, and no datasheet for anything with that part number.

Duron 600@1102 (105*10.5), Asus A7V, 256MB generic RAM at 140mhz 2-2-2, MTS Glaciator II, Creative GF Pro, Awesome no-name 300W PSU.
Old 11th October, 2001, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by proze
there's no datasheet for that chip on the sight you posted jeff. it mentions a 94225 in some .pdf, but nowt about the 94225AF, and no datasheet for anything with that part number.
Hmmm, it appears you are correct. There has to be a spec sheet for it somewere though, otherwise EPoX wouldn't have known how to implement it

AOA Team fah
Old 11th October, 2001, 10:50 PM

For that 94225 all it says is freq 133Mhz. I really don't see the connection. I see that only Asus and Chaintech and Epox use this clock generator. I was trying to compare the dividers between the 3, but they're all different. Also different BIOSs that I've used in my mobo gave me different maximum FSBs so if a BIOS can change the dividers then there is no technical data that will show that. Some people got upto 190Mhz FSB so there must be another divider, but Epox itself hasn't confirmed that. I'm just looking for a simple answer on where the dividers occur and what they are. I know of people who have email Epox about that and they denied that divider at 167. I though maybe you know since you're behind the scenes. I'm a big fan of that mobo and give alot of praise about it on all the message board. People ask me questions about it. My inability to answer doesn't help their buying decisions.
Old 11th October, 2001, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dimmreaper
I think our most wonderful EPoX Rep, is thinking along the "give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will eat for a life time" lines here. And how can that be a bad thing? Remember that our EPoX Rep is here out of the kindness of his heart (assuming he is a he and not a she), and might not have time to look up every single answer. Often it is more than enough for him to point us in the right dirrection, no?
Hmm... I've just been reading a bunch of his replys & I get the feeling of a PR department. It's just me I guess but I always wanted a direct answer when it came to forums. Everyone wants to learn but for a guy new to computers a spec sheet aint that easy to pick up. He still has to teach me how to fish & not just throw me the pole.
¤GF2MX 230core/205mem
¤431W Enermax PSU
¤WXP Pro
Old 11th October, 2001, 11:04 PM

From what I'm reading, the 9422X family PLLs are for DDR motherboards. My guess is that the 94225 is very similar to 94227, 94228, and 94229 . . . . only question is what the differences are . . . . .

AOA Team fah
Old 11th October, 2001, 11:07 PM

Quote:
I've just been reading a bunch of his replys & I get the feeling of a PR department.
As a staff member, let me assure you that nothing could be further from the truth . . . .

AOA Team fah
Old 11th October, 2001, 11:09 PM

Well I think I just caught a fish or maybe not
¤GF2MX 230core/205mem
¤431W Enermax PSU
¤WXP Pro
Old 12th October, 2001, 04:14 AM

There is no detailed description for that one like there are for others.
Old 12th October, 2001, 04:34 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Quote:

Hmm... I've just been reading a bunch of his replys & I get the feeling of a PR department. It's just me I guess but I always wanted a direct answer when it came to forums. Everyone wants to learn but for a guy new to computers a spec sheet aint that easy to pick up. He still has to teach me how to fish & not just throw me the pole.
Hello Sonny. Please bear the following in mind. These forums are a very small part of his/her job. The time allowed is limited.

You have my assurance he/she is on the Tech/engineering side of things.

You are the first to be less than satisfied with the answers he/she has given.

"You can't always get what you want, but if you try real hard, sometimes, you get what you need."

Try re-asking your question, explaining your difficulty in finding your answer. Bearing in mind that you are asking a favor of someone.

I don't offer this as a criticism, but as one who has had to ask many favors to get this site up. One of them was for EPox to be here at all.
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 12th October, 2001, 05:54 AM
EPoX Tech

I'm back again to see a barrage of dis-trust it would seem.

As Jeff (dimmreaper) quite rightly points out, the 94225 is from the same family of PLL's as the 94228 for example used on 8KHA+.

As is pointed out by the Forums Owner, Daniel - I do only have so much time and as such sometimes if you need a drink all I can do is lead you to the water.

To cap - I don't offer my help in here to be barracked or harrassed, where I see this I will ignore the thread and move onto the next. This may be un-beneficial to other users in need of help who may have started the thread.

Last edited by Daniel ~; 12th October, 2001 at 09:40 AM.
Old 12th October, 2001, 07:25 AM

Thumbs up

Even though I do not own a EPoX mobo I and I think I can speak for most members think it is GREAT the Tech guy is here to help.

Mr Tech Guy don't listen to harassing peeps.

As you see/and will, most of use really appreciate your help.
eVGA 6800 GT.
350 w Sparkle PS.

XFIRE= rottys
Old 12th October, 2001, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Daniel ~

Hello Sonny. Please bear the following in mind. These forums are a very small part of his/her job. The time allowed is limited.

You have my assurance he/she is on the Tech/engineering side of things.

You are the first to be less than satisfied with the answers he/she has given.

"You can't always get what you want, but if you try real hard, sometimes, you get what you need."

Try re-asking your question, explaining your difficulty in finding your answer. Bearing in mind that you are asking a favor of someone.

I don't offer this as a criticism, but as one who has had to ask many favors to get this site up. One of them was for EPox to be here at all.
I would like to apologize if I sounded out of line. I'm not here to harass anyone. I just wanted a direct answer because I do not understand the spec sheet.

Daniel ~ Pls. be assured that I have no intention of abusing the kindness in the forums.
¤GF2MX 230core/205mem
¤431W Enermax PSU
¤WXP Pro
Old 12th October, 2001, 09:59 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Quote:

I would like to apologize if I sounded out of line. I'm not here to harass anyone. I just wanted a direct answer because I do not understand the spec sheet.

Daniel ~ Pls. be assured that I have no intention of abusing the kindness in the forums.
Understood Sonny. You have a problem and very much would like an answer. The EPoX Tech has a full day in the work a day world and would very much like to be appreciated if he's going to extend that day into these forums.

As Dimmreaper pointed out there has to be a spec somewhere that covers this. Somewhere in that mass of numbers and spec's is your answer. Is it worth looking for?

Perhaps not, in and of itself. But if you do, I can promise you that you will find at lest three things you didn't know. At lest one thing none of us know.

I'm going to be honest, this is the make or break point for most Overclockers. In the beginning NO ONE wants to "Waste time" digging thought the specs.

But if you can slow your mind and gently pour over the stats a picture slowly emerges, understanding clears, success falls in your lap.

BTW, Please, no one throw rotten fruit, but did you check your users Manuel? LOL
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 12th October, 2001, 10:33 AM
EPoX Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by Daniel ~
BTW, Please, no one throw rotten fruit, but did you check your users Manual? LOL
I know that the question here was of a very high overclocking ethic, but sometimes that is often the response that is given to some of those folks out there that don't read the manual.

It may sometimes sound condescending, but I bet you theres information in those manuals of ours that would teach some of the best overclockers out there a thing or two...... just because they haven't read them before.

Regarding this thing about 1/5 PCI divider. I don't expect many people to acheive this without performing a VIO mod on the motherboard anyway due to the fact that to acheive an FSB of greater than about 165MHz FSB, more than 3.3v I/O voltage is required.

Now I will set a challenge - who can make a VIO mod and publish for the 8KHA and 8KHA + ?

This once again as stated by Daniel will mean reading through specs and so on, but will also help folks to learn for themselves as they go along. It may also help people with their understanding of the electronics of a mainboard.

If no-body works it out I will place a modification guide in here myself, but only if and when I feel that you have all exceeded all of the possibilities.

I'll start a new topic entitled "8KHA VIO Mod" for any ideas to be placed in.