AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12th October, 2001, 08:17 AM

Customer Service A+

I have several 8K7A's and for whatever reason bios flashes have failed several times. Epox has sent me several new bios chips free of charge in a timely manner. Regardless of the problem that may exist - try to beat that with any other company. When I had a bios failure with an Asus board I paid $40 to have a new chip sent, and got it 1 month later. Given the excellent bios updates - 1/5 divisor which appears to be a first, and almost unmatched performance to price ratio, these guys are making my favorite 761 mobo.
Old 12th October, 2001, 08:25 AM
EPoX Tech

Why thanks Cole !

We do try to please, we are constantly striving to set ourselves apart from the rest of the bunch by putting a face out there, responding to queries and actually GIVING SUPPORT !!!

I hear all too often of competitiors and other peripheral and hardware manufacturers that just won't respond to people and couldn't give a damn. We do care. What is paramount at the end of the day is that if the customer is right, he is happy and if the customer is wrong, we would still like to make him happy.

**Please note that in General BIOS chips are sold to the public at a very reasonable rate through the accessories order pages on the websites. They are only supplied free of charge when we believe that the actual PROM, be it EON, SST, Winbond or whatever seems to be faulty.**
Old 17th October, 2001, 12:12 AM

You guys have definitely set yourselves apart in my book. Asus builds some great boards, but their support beyond bios updates is virtually non-existent. The last time I called Asus tech support it was regarding the core voltage adjustment feature not working on the P4T. I got a guy I could hardly understand, and he tried to claim that voltage adjustment is locked on the Pentium 4 just like the multiplier - got a good laugh out of that. If it's locked why bother having the feature unless it's a test board for folks that will have an engineering sample? Ended up having to look up the VID pinouts on the chip and wire it up for higher voltage manually.

I have no idea what's up with the bios issues I had. It's the same board that keeps doing it - the other 8K7A's I have work fine. In fact when the flash failed I pulled the chip (Eon by the way) and put it into a different board and recovered it. Never seen this problem before. It just hangs after erasing half of the eeprom. I tried the recovery from floppy on that board and it complains of no disk in the drive. Like I said - pulled the chip and flashed it in a different board. Weird huh?
Old 18th October, 2001, 05:08 PM
EPoX Tech

Quite strange, but possible with any eeprom - 1 in a million are bad.

I would suggest contacting your branch office of EPoX and obtaining a new BIOS chip in order to combat the situation.