AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 14th October, 2001, 09:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to killem1x1

I flashed my BIOS, I hope I did it correctly?

I have an epox8k7a+, and well... this is the stupid question of all stupid questons, but I can't find out where to look for the BIOS revision # when I boot.
At the bottom of the screen on POST I have:
07/11/2001-761-6863-6A6S6PAAC-00
I dloaded the latest BIOS for this mobo, and flashed it, I hope I flashed it correctly. I've done this several times to other mobos, but can't find this info in the manual or on the webaite. Any suggestions or NFO are greatly appreciated!
Old 14th October, 2001, 09:07 PM
Systems Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Superman

According to your last post, you are running the 7/11/2001 BIOS. The latest BIOS is the 10/12/2001 BIOS which offers AthlonXP support among other things. You can see all the BIOS updates at the Epox site. Here's a direct link: http://www.epox.com/html/english/sup.../bios/8k7a.htm

"You have to go outside the sequence of engines, into the world of men, to find the real originator of the rocket. Is it not equally reasonable to look outside nature for the real Originator of the natural order?
-C.S. Lewis

Director of JavaScript section of the Allied Sites Support Team, web designer and programmer for DaOCPlace, and co-web designer and programmer for AOA Files

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 15th October, 2001, 12:32 AM

I'm not sure what I did wrong then, the update instructions are pretty easy, just copy the files to a boot disk, and run "UPDATE". Am I missing the obvious, because I need the XP support, I've got an 1800+ that is running OK on my iwill ka266plus, but I'm hoping it will run great in my epox mobo.
Old 15th October, 2001, 02:37 AM
Systems Administrator

"If at first you don't succeed, try again."

I suggest you follow that advice.

"You have to go outside the sequence of engines, into the world of men, to find the real originator of the rocket. Is it not equally reasonable to look outside nature for the real Originator of the natural order?
-C.S. Lewis

Director of JavaScript section of the Allied Sites Support Team, web designer and programmer for DaOCPlace, and co-web designer and programmer for AOA Files

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 15th October, 2001, 05:47 AM
EPoX Tech

The latest 8K7A BIOS also has Magic Health which lets you know the health status of all of the mainboards levels at POST and also easyboot for multiplie boot configurations - two latest innovations from EPoX.

In answer to your actual question however - please read http://www.epox.com/html/english/sup...p?article=1302

Please also note that if you have the BIOS floppy in your drive and press ALT+F2 at POST, your BIOS will automatically be flashed from the floppy.
Old 15th October, 2001, 12:11 PM
Systems Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by EPoX Tech
The latest 8K7A BIOS also has Magic Health which lets you know the health status of all of the mainboards levels at POST and also easyboot for multiplie boot configurations - two latest innovations from EPoX.
Sweet! Does the 8KHA+ have these features too?

-C.S. Lewis

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Old 15th October, 2001, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EPoX Tech

In answer to your actual question however - please read http://www.epox.com/html/english/sup...p?article=1302

Please also note that if you have the BIOS floppy in your drive and press ALT+F2 at POST, your BIOS will automatically be flashed from the floppy.
I flashed correctly this morning, and knew I had when I saw the PC-health stuff during post. I've installed my XP1800+, and it looks like all is well. Thanks for the help!
Old 15th October, 2001, 11:49 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Phiber Send a message via AIM to Phiber

Quote:
Originally posted by killem1x1

I flashed correctly this morning, and knew I had when I saw the PC-health stuff during post. I've installed my XP1800+, and it looks like all is well. Thanks for the help!
hows that XP going?
XP 1800+
[color]
Old 16th October, 2001, 01:50 AM
Systems Administrator

Sounds like that is the board to get. Hopefully I'll be putting in my order in a few weeks.

-C.S. Lewis

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Old 16th October, 2001, 06:51 AM
EPoX Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by Superman53142
Sounds like that is the board to get. Hopefully I'll be putting in my order in a few weeks.
Keep your eyes open for 8KHA Series of boards featuring KT266. These will all offer performance far superior to that of 8K7A and some will have nice price points.
Old 17th October, 2001, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by phiber

hows that XP going?
It is soo nice, especially with the BIOS goodies that epox gave us. I haven't been brave enough to attempt the "unlock". I've seen so many "pros" fighting it, but I did pick up 2 different types of "defogger" repair goodness tonight, I'm just wondering why trace tape wouldn't work? With sooo many people wanting these chips unlocked, all it will take is one website or forum to have an article with pics, and step by step instructions, to get the "HITS of a Lifetime".
Thanks for asking, It was expensive, but worth it. They say you can't really tell a difference in your "day-to-day" stuff unless you do an upgrade of 400mHZ or more, well this is not true for me, I can see/ and feel it!