AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 19th July, 2002, 04:42 PM

Giving Epox Tech a hard time

I have been staying hush hush for a while now, BUT.

Some of you are getting a little out of hand here.

In the FIRST place he does NOT even have to be here for US !!

So if you don't like something about your mobo don't take it out on him, he is just a number to them.

Granted there a a few Epox people in here that does NOT give you/me/us the right to give him a hard time and bad mouth him.

Granted there are some things he can TRY to help with @ his end he can only try, he is NOT the CEO.

SO just remember if he leave's it is your fault and no one else's, and there goes any support.

So lighten up guyz.

Thanks.
eVGA 6800 GT.
350 w Sparkle PS.

XFIRE= rottys
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 19th July, 2002, 05:05 PM

I dont think that people are being any more uncooperative than usual.

There are some people who seem to wrongly beleve that the bios is like a god that can instantly fix any problem, they are sadly mistaken.
I will no be getting involved in pointless discutions that revolve around "my computers slower than XXX, it must be the crappy Epox bios"

Many people on this board are here to be genuinely helpfull or have a genuine problem with a Epox product that we are more than happy to help with.

Please feel free to ask any question, but please understand that we may not be able to answer them all. I do read almost everything posted in here, there is absolutely no reason to post the same question 50 times.
Asking the same thing repeatedly isnt going to get you an answer, in fact its a sure fire way not to get a responce.

We are here to help, please dont abuse that.

Best of luck in the future all my friends.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 19th July, 2002, 09:06 PM

Location: "It may be a dry heat, but 115F is still friggin' hot" - Phoenix, AZ

Some of the questions and situations I've seen lately are better suited for Epox Tech Support, rather than our in-house expert. It doesn't surprise me at all that I don't see ET responding to the queries directed at him, and rightly so.

:cooL;
1 x 512meg Corsair XMS3200
Old 19th July, 2002, 10:26 PM

As a senior member of a number of other forums I can understand the problem with abuse that can occur on forums.

The thing which tends to annoy the senior (+ regular) posters on most forums is the lack of thanks we receive from people we've supplied answers to.

I think at sometime most forum regulars have either thought about stopping posting or actually done it.

So to all the senior guys THANKS

Personally I don't care if my posts are replied to by our Epox Tech or if somebody else gives me the information. I also appreciate that our Epox Tech must tow the company line.

Hopefully, once I've actually installed my 8HKA+ I'll be able to help somepeople myself :;
Old 20th July, 2002, 02:49 AM

WELCOME "NED" :beer:

I love my 8KHA+. And hope that you will enjoy yours.
eVGA 6800 GT.
350 w Sparkle PS.

XFIRE= rottys
Old 21st July, 2002, 11:23 AM

Holst, maybe you can help me out with a 'general' question about Epox that I have been wondering about for a number of years...no sweat if you do not know(or can't divulge) the answer. How does Epox gather data as an input to BIOS changes needed?. What is that process?. Do you rely on call logs from Tech support, browsing user forums, etc. Once a universal problem is identified, what is your usual turnaround to get it(a new BIOS) out the door? .. Thanks, Harryc
--

Last edited by Harryc; 21st July, 2002 at 11:27 AM.
Old 22nd July, 2002, 02:10 PM

Lionfish,

I joke around rather often w/ EPoX Tech in these forums and I hope it is not seen as giving him a hard time. If so, I am sorry......we do indeed appreciate your presence, EPoX Tech
| AXP 1600+ AROIA "Y" @ 1950MHz, 10x195 | EPoX 8K3A KT333, 2815 BIOS | 256MB Samsung PC2700 @ 195MHz, Cas2 | 64MB Abit Siluro Geforce4 Ti4200 @ 335/641 | D-Tek Spir@l | Via Aqua 1300 | Chevette Heatercore & Dual 120MM 64CFM YL-Tech's w/ Shrouds in Push-Pull | No V-mods |
Old 24th July, 2002, 04:51 PM
EPoX Tech

I'll take you all on (except Lionfish with his dogs)
Old 24th July, 2002, 04:53 PM
EPoX Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by Harryc
Holst, maybe you can help me out with a 'general' question about Epox that I have been wondering about for a number of years...no sweat if you do not know(or can't divulge) the answer. How does Epox gather data as an input to BIOS changes needed?. What is that process?. Do you rely on call logs from Tech support, browsing user forums, etc. Once a universal problem is identified, what is your usual turnaround to get it(a new BIOS) out the door? .. Thanks, Harryc
--
From the ongoing R&D in Taipei and the data submitted daily from us FAE staffers at all branch offices.
Old 24th July, 2002, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EPoX Tech
I'll take you all on (except Lionfish with his dogs)
I duno what you are talking about
Attached Thumbnails
Giving Epox Tech a hard time-kids-1.jpg  
eVGA 6800 GT.
350 w Sparkle PS.

XFIRE= rottys
Old 24th July, 2002, 05:46 PM
EPoX Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by Ned Flanders
As a senior member of a number of other forums I can understand the problem with abuse that can occur on forums.

The thing which tends to annoy the senior (+ regular) posters on most forums is the lack of thanks we receive from people we've supplied answers to.

I think at sometime most forum regulars have either thought about stopping posting or actually done it.

So to all the senior guys THANKS

Personally I don't care if my posts are replied to by our Epox Tech or if somebody else gives me the information. I also appreciate that our Epox Tech must tow the company line.

Hopefully, once I've actually installed my 8HKA+ I'll be able to help somepeople myself :;
Cool one Ned.
Old 24th July, 2002, 05:46 PM
EPoX Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by Lionfish

I duno what you are talking about

I do - I've seen the before !!!!!!!!!!
Old 24th July, 2002, 06:57 PM

Quote:

From the ongoing R&D in Taipei and the data submitted daily from us FAE staffers at all branch offices.
Hey thanks for the answer. For whatever it is worth, a 'fix?' was posted at AMDMB.com for a supposed conflict between the 8K3A and GF3-TI200 cards. Here is a link to the post, again FWIW. I assume no responsibility and/or agreement with the comments of the original thread starter, which I feel are inappropriate.....but if he is onto something, it might be worth a 'daily report'.
http://www.amdforums.com/showthread....hreadid=141163
Old 24th July, 2002, 07:07 PM
EPoX Tech

...but will cause conflict with other devices.

Sadly Skatan is no longer in these forums, but he is loooking very at home over there.

Thanks for the link Harryc
Old 24th July, 2002, 07:08 PM
EPoX Tech

Reading through moreso - I'm using 2619 BIOS here with Ti4600 from NVidia themselves and am very very pleased with the stability.
Old 24th July, 2002, 07:16 PM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

Quote:

Sadly Skatan is no longer in these forums, but he is loooking very at home over there.
Oh how i miss him....... LOL

Obviously the guy has something to prove :S

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Duron 1.3 AHCLA "9" @ 1430mhz

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Folding Under AOA-UK for team 45!

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."
Old 24th July, 2002, 10:25 PM

Quote:
...but will cause conflict with other devices.

Thanks for the link Harryc
It looks like he thinks he is a god over there

There is one word he realy likes to use, ME ME ME
eVGA 6800 GT.
350 w Sparkle PS.

XFIRE= rottys

Last edited by Lionfish; 24th July, 2002 at 10:31 PM.
Old 24th July, 2002, 11:39 PM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

Quote:
Originally posted by Lionfish

It looks like he thinks he is a god over there

There is one word he realy likes to use, ME ME ME
I agree. I doubt he even came up with the fix somehow, probably saw it somewhere else 1st. I'd probably believe him if it wasnt for his attitude. Ah well we can but hope he is the same in real life he will get into lotsa trouble for it im sure.

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Duron 1.3 AHCLA "9" @ 1430mhz

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Folding Under AOA-UK for team 45!

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."
Old 26th July, 2002, 05:35 PM

So far I did not find any fix around except from Skatan, he's done a good job in fixing the TI200 issue, apart from his bad attitude who cares as long as his contributing something for the Epox board.
Old 26th July, 2002, 05:55 PM

I hope that I don't come off as causing trouble...

I'ld rather help (its more fun to fix shiznit then it is to break it, almost).

Oh the new stuff is in...

Kingwin= Nice box, but its small and cramped (compared to an Addtronic's W8500 WTX server case).

I put it all together last night, then went to sleep. When I get home in the afternoon I'll be tinkering with the bios, then format'n the 2 seagate's and building the OS. I thinking I may just go with NTFS this time around (I've used Fat32 since it was introduced in Windows95 Release B ).

I don't know which bios the board has loaded, but the board looks to be a revision 1.1 or 1.2... It will be my third Epox board (and my second 8K3A+)... I'll probably try the 2312's out first (since the r1.0 had no problems with that bios).

When this weekend is done it will be 3 blazing fast Epox box's for my family (2200+ XP on a 8K3A+, 1900+ MP on the 8K3A+ r1.0, and a 1800+ MP on a 8K7A+ r1.0).

I'm set'n at work.... want'n to head home so bad its pathetic!!!

I think half the time I buy new equipment just so I can build and tinker.