AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 31st July, 2002, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by robbie
Have you pulled the north bridge hsf off and applied ASII and reattached? If I remember correctly while we were at Camp AOA Spyder was having trouble getting past 133, the good Dr. Surely Joe took off the HSF and got rid of the thermal tape/pad and thermal epoxied it down and it ran ALOT FASTER (150 I think) and ALOT cooler.

I hope this helps.
Rob
Good Idea Rob !!

I had done that to my 8KHA+ when I had got it and before I even installed it in the case, lapped it and man was it WAY OFF, 4 corners high, then used ASIII and put it back on.
eVGA 6800 GT.
350 w Sparkle PS.

XFIRE= rottys
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 31st July, 2002, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Bob

I will try that!, Thanks Rob
Just how would I go about removing the heatsink from the northbridge without destroying it? I can be pretty heavy handed at times, so I'm figuring I man not need a 25 lb sledgehammer or a cutting torch! LOL
ASROCK: 1 * BIOSTAR: 1 * ASUS: 5 * CHAINTECH: 7 * GIGABYTE: 2 *IWILL: 1 * MSI: 3* TYAN: 2
175+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Climate Prediction Team as The Uncle B's!!
and more coming all the time!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 1st August, 2002, 01:43 AM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Bob

Just how would I go about removing the heatsink from the northbridge without destroying it? I can be pretty heavy handed at times, so I'm figuring I man not need a 25 lb sledgehammer or a cutting torch! LOL
usually there just double sided sticky taped on. Or sometimes they have holders.

If there taped on (usually are) just give them a twist clockwise and counter clockwise. But PLEASE!! be careful of any componts that are near the heatsync.

Or you can try a razor blade under the heatsync. But I think the twisting back and forth will work just fine.

Order the ASII epoxy kit. ( I got one from the good Dr. Surely Joe (THANKS MAN!!)) I believe you can get them online for around $15 on the web.

Sorry I don't know were. A PM to SJ might help or he might chime in and submit a link. (hoping)

If you can (though I think it's going to be hard) LAP the chip, they are CONCAVED pretty bad and the heatsync will ONLY touch the four corners.

Also LAP the heat sync while you have it out. (wouldn't hurt) I didn't do mine cuz I was in a hurry.

I hope this helps, I took some pix that I'll try to post tonight.
Rob
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah