AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 2nd August, 2002, 06:48 PM

EPOXtech Why wpcredit settings don't work in recent bioses?

I know you don't support this, but do you know why do I and some others have trouble setting these wpcredit registers. They all say reserved and pop right back to the default when you try to set them. Any explanation of why these can't be set would be appreciated: (currently using 2719 biso)

6A=FF Longtime used bandwidth enhancement

97=73 This change enables fast CPU decode at 200Mhz+

B0=07 This change helps to prevent freezes in 3DMark in Dragon and Nature..also on the KX7 if you are suffering that anomlie.

The 93=FF bandwidth enhancement..tho it works on the KX7 and seen as improved numbers...had no effect on the 8K3A+ as far as numbers in Sandra.
Old 2nd August, 2002, 07:06 PM

Not that I want to sound rude but... "do you own a 8k3a ?"

You cannot manually set bit 1 of register 97 to 1 on the 8k3a+, its function is purely controlled via the bios...on all 8k3a bios not just later ones.

Im using 2719 bios and can happily set 6A to FF and 93 to FF, and get a corresponding bandwith boost.

Ihave no use for the B0 tweak as my 3dmark is stable without it (although your are correct in that this register is also set by the bios)

Best of luck in the future all my friends.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 2nd August, 2002, 07:31 PM

By the way, those were MrIcee's reccomendations for the 8k3a, not mine.

see: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...&threadid=2081

I figured out that the 97-73 had to be set in wpcrset. iIn any case all of those wpcredit tweaks did absolutely nothing for Sandra memory bench scores at Turbo/202 in my system.

Last edited by xgman; 3rd August, 2002 at 09:31 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!