AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 27th August, 2002, 09:53 PM

Epox 8k3a+ & Toshiba SDM1612 Problems

I have a Epox 8k3a+ mobo and i use Ide Via Filter 1.20 for my ide controller...i recent buyed a toshiba sdm1612 and have a problem.. i cant put the drive in 48x read mode...i tryed with nero drive speed and only can use 40x and in benchmarks says 40x maximun and dunno what can i do i have the x806 RCP1 Region free Firmware and the drive is set correctly at UDMA Mode 2

Thx guys
Old 28th August, 2002, 06:34 AM
Banned

I have read that the 18xx firmware is not from Toshiba and slow down the speed of the drive .. please test with X004 Firmware and post your results ...
Old 28th August, 2002, 06:16 PM

hey

yeah thx im going to try it later... im gonna post results later.. thx guys
Old 30th August, 2002, 04:01 AM

hey

i try to go back on firmware but cant..wtf can i do to update the old firmware?? plz help :nervous:
Old 30th August, 2002, 06:10 AM
Banned

I make it short, because my english is not very well. Go to http://www.firmware.fr.st/ ..then.. click DVD in the left frame ..then.. click DVD-Rom in the right frame ..then.. scroll down the page , because the 1612 is the last in the list .. there you can download the x004. Then make a bootable Floppy, copy the files from the downloaded archiv on the disk, and flash the bios ........ hope i helped you CUL8TER .....
Old 30th August, 2002, 05:57 PM
EPoX Tech

There is no need to use IDE filter - only need to use VIA 4-in-1 for correct operation
Old 31st August, 2002, 02:32 AM

wow..

i tryed to go back in the firmware to 1004 and cant i know that firmware site thx..

Second thing I NEED ide filter because winxp detects bad my harddisk and dvd drive...detects my seagate udm5 in dma4 mode and my toshiba in udma mode 1...then i need to use of ide via filter or ide busmaster driver (that gives me problems with dvd drive and low bursrate with seagate hd) same with via 4 in 1 ide drivers..

thx guys for your time