AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 28th August, 2002, 07:10 AM

Angry Strange EPoX 8K3A+ Problem

Hey guys I have a very strange problem with my board. When I reboot it, the board acts like it goes into sleep mode, and doesn't post. The error I get is C1 which means Memory, but I tried different types and it still gave me the same error, now here’s the weird part: If I turn the computer off and back on its fine and it boots normally with no problems, but once I reboot it, sleep mode/freeze problem. I've tried different BIOS', Fail-Safe mode, Cleared CMOS, updated drivers, etc. I don't OC so that isn't the problem. I also tried a different PSU, thinking that may be the problem and that didn't fix it. Any ideas? It's very annoying to turn off the computer ad back off when I reboot. I may note, however, that say I update my BIOS settings and save and exit, I get the same sleep/freeze problem. Thanks guys.

System Specs:

AMD Athlon 2100
Antec True Power 430W
EPoX 83KA+
ATi Radeon 8500
768 Megs of DDR333
45GB ATA 100
52X CD
CD/RW
NetGear NIC

Last edited by K_King; 28th August, 2002 at 07:13 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 28th August, 2002, 07:27 AM
Banned

Do you have a usb 2.0 pci board in there? I was having boot up problems and shut down problems. I called my pc repair guy and he said to pull that out. I did and my problems went away. Just a thought, might be your problem.
Old 28th August, 2002, 07:34 AM

Yes I do, but I've had it in there for 2-3 months and never had a problem.
Old 30th August, 2002, 05:45 AM
Banned

Same here, Had it in there for a few months. Then these little quirks started showing up. Then some other things started happening. Like when I shut down the lights on my keyboard would stay on. Computer would hang on shutdown and I would have to hold the on button in till it would shut down. The brand I was using was SIIG usb 2.0 with five ports. 4 ports outside one inside. Like I said before. Just a thought. Could be the problem. The guy who fixes my pc says that my pc has the weirdest problems. I told him the reason is I can fix most problems, It's the weird one's I can't figure out so I bring it to you to deal with .