AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 28th August, 2002, 10:12 PM

AGP 4x Fast write....

I have an abit Gf4 mx 440 graphic card, should I enable the fast write option in the bios?will it improve the 3d performance significantly?

8k3a ver1.1 bios 2815
xp2100+
Old 28th August, 2002, 10:24 PM

Lightbulb

i think i will enable it.....it will improve the performance anyway.

Last edited by AMD FANZ; 29th August, 2002 at 04:12 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 28th August, 2002, 11:56 PM

Will not improve performance by much if at all, but it is nice to know it is enabled
Old 29th August, 2002, 07:12 AM
Banned

When your tweaking it's trial and error. Try it. If you like the performance leave it. If not disable it. Certain settings will increase performance, others can push more data into the card than it can process. This will cause graphics to jerk and freeze for a second then continue. This is because either the card is getting overloaded with data or it does not have the needed info to produce the next frame. Ex: You have pixels, colors, landscape, etc... . If you get even flow of all data into the card as it needs it you will get good smooth graphics flow. But if your card gets data on one thing to process but the other data is not ready yet, the graphics flow will jerk(pause) until the data needed to continue is recieved. All I can say it's a long process if you get into advance tweaking of your card. I have gotten 1100 more points on 3d mark2001se out of my card by doing this. But I spent countless hours to get there. I just like fooling around with it. best to download 3 or 4 of the last drivers for your card. See which one works better. Because each mother board, cpu, chipset is different. What driver works good for one person may not work good with yours. Like the Ati driver that ends in 43 works best for mine. But the one that ends in 71 works better for others. Have fun.
Old 29th August, 2002, 12:37 PM
EPoX Tech

Re: AGP 4x Fast write....

Quote:
Originally posted by AMD FANZ
I have an abit Gf4 mx 440 graphic card, should I enable the fast write option in the bios?will it improve the 3d performance significantly?

8k3a ver1.1 bios 2815
xp2100+
Surely there is only one way to find this out - and that must be by trying and testing.