AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 26th September, 2002, 04:22 PM

Question Epox Magic Flash Utility

hello all, long time browser, first time poster.

id like to use the magic flash tool to flash to a beta bios but im not exactly sure how to use it properly. i know theres no support for it but id like some tips if possible.
here we go, when i open the winflash.exe theres an option to "update bios all" when i tick that i notice that the bar graph it shows will all be updated. now i wonder if this is the proper way to do it or do i just hit update bios and let it flash just the boot block and main block....when i hit update bios all it shows that the boot block, escd block, dmi block, and the main block will be updated.....so bottom line is do i update all or just boot and main? thanks for any help!!!
Old 26th September, 2002, 04:36 PM

Please use ALT F2 to flash to beta bios.
This is by far the safest method to flash to a potentially dangerous bios.

Best of luck in the future all my friends.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 26th September, 2002, 04:39 PM

holst thaks for the help. ive used the flash tool quite a few times, reason being i dont have a floppy drive. but that really didnt answer my question and id like to find an answer. if someone does have a answer please id like to know...again thanks in advance.
Old 26th September, 2002, 05:54 PM

has anyone ever used this tool b4 or am i the only brave soul?? if anyone knows where i can find a little direction using this tool it would be great!!
Old 27th September, 2002, 12:51 AM

hey guys i know it seems crazy to talk to your self but i found out how to use it so thanks for the attempt!!