AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   EPoX MotherBoards (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/27-epox-motherboards/)
-   -   Problem with latest sound driver on 8KHA+. Possibly on all VIA's onboard sound. (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/epox-motherboards/10152-problem-latest-sound-driver-8kha-possibly.html)

edmoncu 12th October, 2002 10:41 AM

Problem with latest sound driver on 8KHA+. Possibly on all VIA's onboard sound.

Hello all,

I have problems with the latest sound driver that I got from Epox site. I it did not install properly. The device manager wasn't affected by the installation and the sound device is still not loaded.

But when I went to VIA's site to download their version of the driver, it installed properly and the drivers were loaded on the device manager. However, no sound came out of the speakers, even if I adjusted all the possible volume settings on my PC...

I was wondering, what's wrong with these new sound drivers? Have you experienced same problems dealing with these drivers?

EPoX Tech 12th October, 2002 11:37 AM

Hiya Edmoncu,

Realtek Audio pre-codec / VIA driver packages ????

edmoncu 12th October, 2002 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by EPoX Tech
Hiya Edmoncu,

Realtek Audio pre-codec / VIA driver packages ????

Hello there EpoxTech. :)

I'm very happy that you're the one who first replied to my question.

Excuse me for being ignorant about this... But I kinda don't get what you mean by what you said. :confused:

Anyway, I downloaded the epox driver (w/c did not work for my 8kha+) from this site.

Tarzan 12th October, 2002 12:48 PM

Somebody must ask and I feel like asking. Is onboard audio disabled by default in 2612 and did you just make a biosupgrade ;)

Partly a joke, try change speakers in Windos config. Headphones!

Vias combo driver is the latest for that beep chip, Epox several versions behind - see history list at Viaarena. Epox have 3.00a or something zzzzzz - at least Epox USA

edmoncu 12th October, 2002 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tarzan
Somebody must ask and I feel like asking. Is onboard audio disabled by default in 2612 and did you just make a biosupgrade ;)

Partly a joke, try change speakers in Windos config. Headphones!

Vias combo driver is the latest for that beep chip, Epox several versions behind - see history list at Viaarena. Epox have 3.00a or something zzzzzz - at least Epox USA

Hmmm... I think the onboard audio is always on by default on all the BIOS updates for the 8KHA+ i tried.

so, the version on via is 3.20b... however, epox has 3.00a...
but both drivers don't work on my 8kha+ from Win9x to WinXP.

has anyone here tried those latest drivers? :nervous:

Orbit 12th October, 2002 05:24 PM

I just d/l and installed the 3.20b's (from ViaArena) and they work fine on my 8KHA+ board. I use the onboard audio, as I use my stereo for listening to music.

dimmreaper 12th October, 2002 10:59 PM

I use the onboard audio on my 8KHA+ for everything, I can't tell the difference between in and a SBlive, which means either it is a decent audio implementation or I'm nearly deaf, you decide . . .

edmoncu 13th October, 2002 12:10 PM

Okay, will try it again later... (I am using a 512mb HDD now as my main HDD)... I lost my 20gigger. :(

bldegle2 14th October, 2002 02:53 PM

doublecheck

the bios and make sure the onboard sound is activated.

then proceed on.

if that doesn't work, then the onboard soundchip is fubar.

baldy:cool: