AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   EPoX MotherBoards (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/27-epox-motherboards/)
-   -   Grrrrrrrr!!!! (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/epox-motherboards/12500-grrrrrrrr.html)

MiGGinZ 20th December, 2002 08:49 PM

Grrrrrrrr!!!!

I am slightly annoyed as you can see.

I've waited since dec 4th to get a new 8rda+ and it arrived today.

THE LITTLE BA***RD JUST GIVES FF ON BOOT.

Tried in and out of the case, different ram and CPU's taken bios out, vid card, even just tried the board alone and it goes straight to FF.

Is the BIOS buggered or the board, I really dont want to wait another 16 days for a replacement if I can just get a BIOS chip.

*On inspection I noticed one of the ram clips on the third slot wasn't fitted properly and a peice of broken plastic came off the black slot when I clipped it in*

MiGGinZ 20th December, 2002 09:56 PM

I've just been inspecting the board for damage and noticed that there is no thermistor in the CPU socket. Is this normal? could this be my problem ?

mookydooky 20th December, 2002 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MiGGinZ
I've just been inspecting the board for damage and noticed that there is no thermistor in the CPU socket. Is this normal? could this be my problem ?
Yes, it is normal. The thermistor is inside the CPU mounting socket. Clever huh? ;)

Corn 20th December, 2002 11:48 PM

Since the the palomino and now the Tbred CPUs there actually is a diode on the CPU chip itself for measuring the temperature.
For all I know if you got a TBird CPU you wont read any temp at all
on this board.

popcicle 21st December, 2002 12:06 AM

Mine reads o.k.

Pops.

mookydooky 21st December, 2002 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Corn
Since the the palomino and now the Tbred CPUs there actually is a diode on the CPU chip itself for measuring the temperature.
on this board.

The 8RDA+ does not read temps off of the on-die thermistor on the Palominos and T-breds. It only uses the on-die thermistor for it's power cutoff system in case thermal emergency. It uses the in-socket, literally, thermistor to monitor temps.

Corn 21st December, 2002 12:23 AM

hmm sounds odd... but then again stranger things has been known to happen :)

MiGGinZ 21st December, 2002 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Corn
on this board.

I know that, I just looked at my 8K3A+ ya see and noticed the solder points on the 8RDA+ for a thermistor that wasnt there.

EluSiOn 22nd December, 2002 04:09 AM

this is a rev 1.1 8rda+ mobo? and still give you FF error? I thought FF is OK... post done...

MiGGinZ 22nd December, 2002 10:01 AM

It also means CPU fault, Bios problem or mainboard failure now it aint the CPU cos I tried 3 working ones.

EluSiOn 22nd December, 2002 06:13 PM

case short?

have you tried outside the case?