AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   EPoX MotherBoards (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/27-epox-motherboards/)
-   -   Highest VDD (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/epox-motherboards/16142-highest-vdd.html)

jathlon77 25th March, 2003 05:34 PM

Highest VDD

What is the highest VDD you have hit?

RuKuS 25th March, 2003 07:03 PM

2.19v is necessary for me to run 100% stable at 225FSB when running 3D apps (games, marks, etc...) :crazy:

All mosfets and VR's are cool to the touch, not even warm!:thumbsup:

Not sure how others have managed to catch that chip on fire. My guess is that something must have shorted out in their case :confused:

jathlon77 25th March, 2003 07:16 PM

VDD who? me?

Too bad i know what your runnin foo. hehehehehehe. & that i live next to you & work with you. Me & Rukus go back..Representing the OC from the dirty down south "MIA". hehehehehe.
This is for all other Xtremist who like their components like they like their meat. WELL DONE!! :beer:

Some say im crazy. But i say i am :eek:

Gokou 25th March, 2003 11:25 PM

2.19v is insanely high and not worth it imo - the life of that NB will be cut short :o

Holst 26th March, 2003 12:21 AM

You WILL blow your board up at 2.2 VDD eventually.

I dont need more than 1.85 to run 225, watercooled NB.

RuKuS 26th March, 2003 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Holst
You WILL blow your board up at 2.2 VDD eventually.

I dont need more than 1.85 to run 225, watercooled NB.

My system is watercooled also Holst. I was stable at 1.9, but not while gaming. The screen would flash or turn black completely. I did extensive troubleshooting and determined that I needed more Vdd voltage. I'm not running it that high by choice. I'm being forced to run it that high for stability. If I lower it to even 2.0v, it will start with the video flashing problem.

I don't just make my assumption that my PC is stable by running a few benchmarks. I use this PC for everything, from: WebDesign, using 3D apps, playing games, video editing, Internet surfing, etc... So I make sure that this thing is 100% stable by doing all of this for weeks and months!!

I have had it like this for about a month now and everything seems fine. NB and SB are cooled and temps are very low. Mosfets and VR's are also cool to the touch. So heat would not be the reason I need such high Vdd.

Find me a fix for the Video flashing above 225FSB and I'd be more than glad to lower the voltage. I didn't raise it for no reason at all... :thumbsup:

BRiT 26th March, 2003 02:08 AM

RuKuS, have you tried using a video card that has an external power connection? Such as the ATI 9500/9700 series? That may remove the flashing as the vid-card doesn't have to rely on the Vagp for power.

qwerty57 26th March, 2003 02:23 AM

I also 1.85v at 225mhz DC fastest timings stable "YES" 3D.. water cooled NB also..

RuKuS 26th March, 2003 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by BRiT
RuKuS, have you tried using a video card that has an external power connection? Such as the ATI 9500/9700 series? That may remove the flashing as the vid-card doesn't have to rely on the Vagp for power.
I'd have to get my hands on 1 and let you know. Thanks for the tip! :thumbsup: