AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   EPoX MotherBoards (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/27-epox-motherboards/)
-   -   Barton & 8rga+ (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/epox-motherboards/16468-barton-and-8rga.html)

bradmax57 3rd April, 2003 05:43 PM

Barton & 8rga+
 
1 Attachment(s)
Is this score a little low for 200fsb? 10.5 x 200 Sync dual channel timmings 7,3,3,2? ALthough voltage is only 1.7 and eveything else is default, with my old 2400 I couldnt get stable at 200 with out upping the VDD this is 1.6v

:-D

Holst 3rd April, 2003 05:49 PM

that looks about right to me.

bradmax57 3rd April, 2003 07:30 PM

well err right after that I though ah what the hell! I'll try 230 and oops I corrupted windows and since i gave my slave hd to my wifes pc ive just had to do a full windows reinstall!!! do you know if you can use ghost to creat an image on master drive I think so but havent used it.

Holst 3rd April, 2003 07:56 PM

:)

ooops

you shouldnt jump the FSB up too much.. go slowly.

But you allready know that :D

You can use ghost to backup and reinstall the primary partition on your master drive.

bradmax57 3rd April, 2003 08:03 PM

Still re-installing everything! Thank god for Broadband, I remember doing XP SP1 on dial up and I think it took about 6 hours? now takes like 15 minutes :D so I can use ghost on the same partition? Once Ive got it all sweet I'll ghost before I try oc;ing again :drink:

bradmax57 3rd April, 2003 08:06 PM

I did manage to successfully get 210 fsb but it was only 3094 on sandra as apposed to previous jpeg score?

geekbyte 3rd April, 2003 08:31 PM

i have mine at 200x10.5 and ram timint at 7,3,3,2

and i only get 2668 on sandra

i have 1 stick of 512mb cosair XMS pc3200

bradmax57 3rd April, 2003 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by geekbyte
i have mine at 200x10.5 and ram timint at 7,3,3,2

and i only get 2668 on sandra

i have 1 stick of 512mb cosair XMS pc3200

that'll be because your running single channel though :D

I(illa Bee 3rd April, 2003 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by bradmax57
Still re-installing everything! Thank god for Broadband, I remember doing XP SP1 on dial up and I think it took about 6 hours? now takes like 15 minutes :D so I can use ghost on the same partition? Once Ive got it all sweet I'll ghost before I try oc;ing again :drink:
you cannot make a ghost image on the same drive you imaging. and you cannot run a image form the same drive you trying to image. There is an option to burn the image straight to CD-R. a fresh install of windowsxp with drivers is about 2 cd's. All though my ghost image is 32 gigs. LOL.

bradmax57 4th April, 2003 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by I(illa Bee


you cannot make a ghost image on the same drive you imaging. and you cannot run a image form the same drive you trying to image. There is an option to burn the image straight to CD-R. a fresh install of windowsxp with drivers is about 2 cd's. All though my ghost image is 32 gigs. LOL.

,

But you can make an image over sveral CD's? Ive never tried that option either, I was thinking about buying a DVD burner for that very reason.

Holst 4th April, 2003 09:39 AM

I have 3 partitions.

one 5gb for OS install one 40gb of programs and games and anther 5gb for OS backup.

So all I ever backup is the OS partition, then I can quickly fix windows should it get corrupted. Damage to programs from overclocking is normally minor.. so if soemthing wont run I just reinstall it.

I keep my music on a seperate drive.

bradmax57 4th April, 2003 09:53 AM

Im not that keen on having different partitions etc, what do you use partition majic?

Holst 4th April, 2003 01:22 PM

Fdisk...

muzz 4th April, 2003 02:43 PM

I run 6 partitions myself, and I wouldn't have it any other way..
My whole family has at least 2 partitions after having to go through he ll fixing their crap and reloading all the BS.....
I use FDISK when fixing someone elses stuff, and PM on my machine.

boead 4th April, 2003 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Holst
I have 3 partitions.

one 5gb for OS install one 40gb of programs and games and anther 5gb for OS backup.

So all I ever backup is the OS partition, then I can quickly fix windows should it get corrupted. Damage to programs from overclocking is normally minor.. so if soemthing wont run I just reinstall it.

I keep my music on a seperate drive.

That’s basically what I do. A small primary partition for Windows and a much larger partition for applications and "My Documents" - I just have a second drive where I make backup sets for my music, pics, games and applications and a ASR for my primary partition. Restoring the primary partition takes less then 20 min since its only about 8 GB large.

I(illa Bee 4th April, 2003 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by bradmax57
,

But you can make an image over sveral CD's? Ive never tried that option either, I was thinking about buying a DVD burner for that very reason.

yup, sevreal CDs works great. I'm not sur eif a DVD burnner will work, not sure if the software supports it yet. look into it before you do it.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:20 PM.


Copyright ©2001 - 2010, AOA Forums


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0