AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   EPoX MotherBoards (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/27-epox-motherboards/)
-   -   Best Nforce2 or KT... Mobo (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/epox-motherboards/22137-best-nforce2-or-kt-mobo.html)

BTTB 13th December, 2003 06:14 PM

Best Nforce2 or KT... Mobo

Hi All

Im purchasing my Nephews a new Mobo this week. Im a bit out touch with the new stuff, could someone help in making a choice that could fit a Barton. A Epox Model number. Im not phased if it isnt a NForce board. A good KT... would suffice too.

Thanks in advance.

Lazgoat 13th December, 2003 07:29 PM

The KT600's are very good value. Look out for the EP-8KRA2+, just follow Epox link at top right of the window and read the reviews.

Laz

golfer49 13th December, 2003 07:34 PM

The EPoX 8KRA2+ or for an nForce, the EPoX 8RDA3+

BTTB 13th December, 2003 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazgoat
The KT600's are very good value. Look out for the EP-8KRA2+, just follow Epox link at top right of the window and read the reviews.

Laz

Why thanks friend. I see you guys all use Abit's. But I suppose we cant discuss that on this forum then. :)

:thumbsup:

Drisler 13th December, 2003 09:48 PM

Both Nforce2 or Kt600...would suit you well..But the NF2 is faster and more overclockable.

golfer49 14th December, 2003 12:38 AM

BTTB: You asked for a recommended EPoX board, I gave you two, and they are both excellent baords. I have used a dozen EPoX boards in recent times, 8K3A, 8K3A+, 8RDA, 8RDA+, & 8RGA+ , they were all quality equipment, now I just happen to be using a competitors boards.

[AlvinAMD] 14th December, 2003 01:07 AM

8RDA+ is good except for the low Vdimm and OVP :(

BTTB 14th December, 2003 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfer49
BTTB: You asked for a recommended EPoX board, I gave you two, and they are both excellent baords. I have used a dozen EPoX boards in recent times, 8K3A, 8K3A+, 8RDA, 8RDA+, & 8RGA+ , they were all quality equipment, now I just happen to be using a competitors boards.

Sure, no problem. I understand. Im using the 8K3A+ at the moment and its an excellent product. it might be a little slower than the newer boards, but it does what I want it to do. Even if I could get my hands on another one of these models I would be happy, but I doubt anyone has any stock left of them. Epox has very good stable platforms in their range. I was just hoping to be able to determine which was the "best of the best" for my Nephews. Im tempted at the 8KRA2+ after I looked at the review on AMDZone. It got 95%. Not bad at all for a non NForce board. Im keen perhaps on a non NForce2 solution as I have noticed some people having troubles with the high quality CL2 Ram. Not to mention the NForce driver problems.
Im running 2 sticks of Corsair PC3500CL2 on my 8K3A+, even at 200FSB with all settings set at Turbo. No problems at all. Good lil workhorse.

My mobo before was a 8K7A+ which was very fast too. But it had PS2 problems and I had to return it. I must say I prefer Epox to Asus or Gigabyte. But I have had my eye on that Abit that you own. Just that their isnt any suppliers here in my area yet. They are opening a branch next year.

Later for myself I hope to get a AMD 64 Board with 939 pins. But I will wait for that as they arent available yet. It must include 2xLan, Sata and IE Raid, plus allthe frills and whistles. That would be next upgrade for myself. I love AMD.
:ying:

BTTB 14th December, 2003 02:41 PM

One mre question about 8KRA2+. Does it support the Barton chip??

BTTB

Lazgoat 14th December, 2003 02:52 PM

Yes.

Laz.