AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   EPoX MotherBoards (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/27-epox-motherboards/)
-   -   Anyone else having trouble with the New Epox 9NPa+ Bios that is out 07.28.05?? (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/epox-motherboards/32312-anyone-else-having-trouble-new-epox.html)

bozack 5th August, 2005 01:00 AM

Anyone else having trouble with the New Epox 9NPa+ Bios that is out 07.28.05??
 
Tried twice now to upgrade, the last revision works fine (06.29.05) however this latest revision causes my system to reboot when trying to load windows.

I have tried modifying every setting I can think of, and I am not running anything out of spec...plus my system is rather light on periperhals so I am at a bit of a loss.

nothing major as I just flash back to the old version but wondering if others had the same problems

System specs:

AMD 64 Venice 3000
Epox 9NPA + Ultra
evga 6800gt
4 x 512 Crucial value memory
Western Digital 80gb SATA
Aopen DVD
Creative CD
Enermax 420w Noisetaker

System will get to windows screen and then just boot back to post, boots fine using the older bios.

Suggestions apprecaited, I have an email into Epox as well. Thanks

SPQQKY 5th August, 2005 01:25 AM

I had pretty bad stability issues myself. There is a new BIOS option for memory, that you could possibly try. Some said it worked for them, others said no go. It was a no go for me.
S/W Memory Hole Remapping and H/W Memory Hole remapping
Try enabling these two new options and see if it helps.
For me, I am back to the md9n5525 BIOS. It seems to work great for me.

l3fty 5th August, 2005 07:29 AM

Same thing here. Didn't want to even make it to windows.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPQQKY
... I am back to the md9n5525 BIOS. It seems to work great for me.

Is that a moded bios SPQQKY or a typo?

funks 5th August, 2005 08:08 PM

works just fine for me
 
Works just fine for me

X2 4200+
4 x 512 MB Corsair Value Ram (2T)
200 MHZ Memory (set specifically).

No overclocking.

SPQQKY 5th August, 2005 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l3fty
Same thing here. Didn't want to even make it to windows.


Is that a moded bios SPQQKY or a typo?

Beta released by ET. I can send it to you if you like as it doesn't look like it is on the AOAFiles page.
It's the one that allows me to hit 320-340 HTT.

rxu 6th August, 2005 04:52 AM

Looks like current version of Winflash doesn't support 9npa5728 BIOS. Starting it reports "Onboard BIOS Not Award BIOS!". That's strange.

l3fty 7th August, 2005 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPQQKY
Beta released by ET. I can send it to you if you like as it doesn't look like it is on the AOAFiles page.
It's the one that allows me to hit 320-340 HTT.

That would be cool. I'd like to give it a try. I PM'd you with my email addy.
Thanks :thumbsup:

Exile69 7th August, 2005 04:21 AM

Look's like you've got 4 dimms. Don't really know anything about that BIOS seeing as how I don't have a 9NPA+ Ultra but try booting with 2 sticks and make sure it's not forcing 1t timings or anything. That's the only thing I can suggest, because the Athlon 64 memory controller, even on the venice core, can't support 1t timings at ddr400 with 4 dimms. Just a thought.

ochest 8th August, 2005 10:33 AM

The new BIOS wpn't update on my mobo using the Magic Flash utility. It downloads ok but then doesn't give me the option to install it.

rxu 8th August, 2005 01:59 PM

A question to ET, if you read this thread :)
When I OC my CPU, it is impossible to stay at default CPU core voltage with the latest BIOS.
If I set it to "Auto", core voltage is higher (approx. +0.1...+0.2V). So, minimal CPU core voltage I can set is +0.025. I suggest that OCed system can be stable at default CPU voltage, but can't check this. Is it possible for EPOX to add "Default" for core voltage settings or something like this ("Off", "+0.00", etc)?

ochest 9th August, 2005 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rxu
A question to ET, if you read this thread :)
When I OC my CPU, it is impossible to stay at default CPU core voltage with the latest BIOS.
If I set it to "Auto", core voltage is higher (approx. +0.1...+0.2V). So, minimal CPU core voltage I can set is +0.025. I suggest that OCed system can be stable at default CPU voltage, but can't check this. Is it possible for EPOX to add "Default" for core voltage settings or something like this ("Off", "+0.00", etc)?

I'd like that too. The Voltage issue has been raides several times but we have not heard back from Epox regarding it. On a side not the BIOS was able to be installed finally. Not sure why it would not work earlier.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:59 PM.


Copyright ©2001 - 2010, AOA Forums


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0