AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Software > GAMES! OH YEAH!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 28th November, 2001, 06:26 AM

Send a message via AIM to mrpcman

Quote:
Originally posted by SteveI
I think I am missing something. My setup. XP1600+, 512mb DDR (fastest settings), RadeonLE hacked to 32DDR, 3DMark2001 scroes:

Running 1.4g 133FSB (66mhz AGP):

Running 1.54g 146.8 FSB (73.4 AGP):

Running 1.54g 146.8 FSB (73.4 AGP) & 164/164 on Radeon:

I thought scores depended on CPU as well. Also, once the bios for the RadeonLE is hacked, does it default to a speed of 164/164? 'caus that's what it looks like to me.

Somebody educate this fool, please

EDIT:
DUH. I clocked it up to 181/181 and got 3300.
If I had a clue, I would be happy with it. I guess it's time to dig up that cooling kit and push a little.

BTW, the test is failing on "game 4 - nature" & "pixel shader". Is this normal for a radeon?

I'll post the scores very very soon, but it did get lower scores when it goes above 202/202. As for it faility those tests, that's normal as far as I know.
Old 28th November, 2001, 01:27 PM
Systems Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Superman

Quote:
Originally posted by SteveI
I think I am missing something. My setup. XP1600+, 512mb DDR (fastest settings), RadeonLE hacked to 32DDR, 3DMark2001 scroes:

Running 1.4g 133FSB (66mhz AGP):

Running 1.54g 146.8 FSB (73.4 AGP):

Running 1.54g 146.8 FSB (73.4 AGP) & 164/164 on Radeon:

I thought scores depended on CPU as well. Also, once the bios for the RadeonLE is hacked, does it default to a speed of 164/164? 'caus that's what it looks like to me.

Somebody educate this fool, please

EDIT:
DUH. I clocked it up to 181/181 and got 3300.
If I had a clue, I would be happy with it. I guess it's time to dig up that cooling kit and push a little.

BTW, the test is failing on "game 4 - nature" & "pixel shader". Is this normal for a radeon?
It is normal for it to fail those tests as it doesn't support DirectX 8. And I doubt you correctly hacked it if you don't see a score increase. You should be safe to 190 at least with stock cooling but to go over 200 you'll need that cooling kit I'm sure.

And mrpcman, I've seen scores decrease over 200 also. I think it's just because it's clocked too high and gets too hot. Simply stretching it too far.

"You have to go outside the sequence of engines, into the world of men, to find the real originator of the rocket. Is it not equally reasonable to look outside nature for the real Originator of the natural order?
-C.S. Lewis

Director of JavaScript section of the Allied Sites Support Team, web designer and programmer for DaOCPlace, and co-web designer and programmer for AOA Files

<>< I Believe-Do You?

Last edited by Superman; 29th November, 2001 at 03:05 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 29th November, 2001, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Superman53142

It is normal for it to fail those tests as it doesn't support DirectX. And I doubt you correctly hacked it if you don't see a score increase. You should be safe to 190 at least with stock cooling but to go over 200 you'll need that cooling kit I'm sure.

And mrpcman, I've seen scores decrease over 200 also. I think it's just because it's clocked too high and gets too hot. Simply stretching it too far.
I could see it failing to work at that high a speed, but going slower?
Old 29th November, 2001, 02:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by mrpcman

I could see it failing to work at that high a speed, but going slower?
There's really no other explanation . It's true CPUs don't work as effectively when at higher temperatures.

At 234/234 I get 3833
At 215/215 I get 3559

Last edited by Pinky; 29th November, 2001 at 02:32 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 29th November, 2001, 01:06 PM

Question

Once I tried to overclock my MX higher than it already is, my score dropped a lot. I didn't get any artifacts, but my score was horrible. Have you tried to up the speed slowly?
Asus GeForce2 MX 191/221MHz (Mem/Core)
45 Gig IBM HD

Old 29th November, 2001, 07:50 PM

yeah, I finally finished my testing. It's good up to 201/201 and then it goes down hill from there..maybe it's time to slap a new hsf setup on it...
Old 29th November, 2001, 11:45 PM
Systems Administrator

Quote:
yeah, I finally finished my testing. It's good up to 201/201 and then it goes down hill from there..maybe it's time to slap a new hsf setup on it...
Are you one of the canadian dudes? If so, why not build a little unit to pull in cold air from your window like I did? That will probably cool the whole case down a lot more than putting on a better GPU heatsink.

"You have to go outside the sequence of engines, into the world of men, to find the real originator of the rocket. Is it not equally reasonable to look outside nature for the real Originator of the natural order?
-C.S. Lewis

Director of JavaScript section of the Allied Sites Support Team, web designer and programmer for DaOCPlace, and co-web designer and programmer for AOA Files

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Old 30th November, 2001, 02:43 AM

Even better, I'm and alaskan dude, but right now i'm in WA, so it's not too cold...:/
Old 30th November, 2001, 04:27 AM
Systems Administrator

Quote:
Even better, I'm and alaskan dude, but right now i'm in WA, so it's not too cold...:/
Ahhh, Alaska, must be awesome. Can you send some coldness down here. Just a little bit

-C.S. Lewis

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Old 3rd December, 2001, 02:37 AM

well, right now there is plenty of coldness is WA..brrrrr