AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Software > GAMES! OH YEAH!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 15th March, 2003, 07:39 PM

Send a message via ICQ to BigRed Send a message via AIM to BigRed Send a message via Yahoo to BigRed

Freelancer rules!

Anyone else here play freelancer? Its quickly becoming my new favorite game
Ive been playing it for 2 days straight and Im still not 1/2 done with it yet The universe is HUGE and the storyline for the single player kicks ass.
Evidently this game has been in production for 5 years and it shows. I havent found a single bug, the game runs flawlessly. I cant beleive such a product came from billy gates.
I recomend you try the demo if you havent played the game yet, its only the Liberty system and your character cant reach level 2 but the demo is still fun
http://www.microsoft.com/games/freelancer/
Old 27th March, 2003, 12:47 AM
AOA Staff

Send a message via ICQ to R0BB23 Send a message via AIM to R0BB23 Send a message via MSN to R0BB23 Send a message via Yahoo to R0BB23

I even enjoyed it.

And im not one to normally like games like that.

"Opinions are like kittens, I'm giving them away."
-Modest Mouse
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 27th March, 2003, 12:56 AM
Banned

Its strickly a DX9 game . I won't get the same thrill out of a GF2 MX400 card.
Old 27th March, 2003, 12:58 AM
AOA Staff

Send a message via ICQ to R0BB23 Send a message via AIM to R0BB23 Send a message via MSN to R0BB23 Send a message via Yahoo to R0BB23

Sounds like its time for an upgrade.

Just layoff the dime bags for a little while and youll be set.

-Modest Mouse
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 27th March, 2003, 01:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by R0BB23
Sounds like its time for an upgrade.

Just layoff the dime bags for a little while and youll be set.
reffermadness if a anti drug movie and WTH sells dime bags anymore. lol.

As for the upgrade, yes that is pretty much a give-me, but for now until they get DX9 somewhat stable and less buggy then my GF2 MX400 is fine. I can at least still play Raven Shield and BF1942 and CS still, might be slow but still playable, thats all that counts for me right now .

Don't get me wrong, I have checked out the demo on a friends system and it does look somewhat cool. Might even look cooler on a 9700 or GF FX.
Old 27th March, 2003, 01:36 AM
AOA Staff

I know its anti-drug. I thought you were using it as your name as more ummm a joke.

Just like my post before.

-Modest Mouse
Old 27th March, 2003, 03:19 AM

Send a message via ICQ to BigRed Send a message via AIM to BigRed Send a message via Yahoo to BigRed

Quote:
Originally posted by refermadness

reffermadness if a anti drug movie and WTH sells dime bags anymore. lol.

As for the upgrade, yes that is pretty much a give-me, but for now until they get DX9 somewhat stable and less buggy then my GF2 MX400 is fine. I can at least still play Raven Shield and BF1942 and CS still, might be slow but still playable, thats all that counts for me right now .

Don't get me wrong, I have checked out the demo on a friends system and it does look somewhat cool. Might even look cooler on a 9700 or GF FX.
Um... I think your info is a bit behind
DX9 is beyond beta stages and it is stable and I havent found any bugs so far.
Old 27th March, 2003, 03:39 AM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

I'ved downloaded it. I'll give it a shot and let ya know.
Rob
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Old 27th March, 2003, 04:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
I know its anti-drug. I thought you were using it as your name as more ummm a joke.

Just like my post before.
Lets just say, I use the name for people to take it the way they want too

Quote:
Originally posted by BigRed

Um... I think your info is a bit behind
DX9 is beyond beta stages and it is stable and I havent found any bugs so far.
I am not behind times, I just had to do a complete format last week to get rid of DX9. Had nothing but problems right after installing DX9, plus they came out with DX9a a few days ago to solve a lot of issues the DX9 caused. HardOCP had a link and a small write up on it. So far the last thing that was said about it was, the poster was going to post their results if it didnt wash their system, so far still no reply from them

And to be honest, until I get a DX9 card, it is kind of a waste to upgrade to DX9 running a GF2 MX 400 . One of these days the DX9 cards will be within range of the average buyer, but by then DX10 will probably be out. lol.

Last edited by refermadness; 27th March, 2003 at 04:49 AM.
Old 27th March, 2003, 07:59 PM
AOA Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by refermadness

Lets just say, I use the name for people to take it the way they want too

I am not behind times, I just had to do a complete format last week to get rid of DX9. Had nothing but problems right after installing DX9, plus they came out with DX9a a few days ago to solve a lot of issues the DX9 caused. HardOCP had a link and a small write up on it. So far the last thing that was said about it was, the poster was going to post their results if it didnt wash their system, so far still no reply from them

And to be honest, until I get a DX9 card, it is kind of a waste to upgrade to DX9 running a GF2 MX 400 . One of these days the DX9 cards will be within range of the average buyer, but by then DX10 will probably be out. lol.
Well i took it as a joke.

As for dx9, it doesnt seem to be anymore ahead or behind the average program at the same point in its development.

Ive only had one problem with it myself, not to bad.

You sure its not something else causing the problem?

-Modest Mouse
Old 30th March, 2003, 03:28 AM
AOA Staff

I just got the full version today, played for about 8 hours straight.

i got it installed early this morning, next thing i know its dark.

A MUST GET!

Two tall pale white guys cant be wrong.

-Modest Mouse

Last edited by R0BB23; 31st March, 2003 at 12:41 AM.
Old 13th April, 2003, 02:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to YARDofSTUF

Quote:
Two tall pale white guys cant be wrong.

LOL well i'm interested now!
Old 6th April, 2005, 10:19 PM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via AIM to piccoLEW Send a message via MSN to piccoLEW Send a message via Yahoo to piccoLEW

sorry for diggin up an old thread, but i thought it better than making a new one.
I got this game off ebay brand new and sealed, all legal. It arrived yesterday and i agree, this game rules , altho i had sound problems on this computer, it works fine on my blue computer, in fact it works better.. which doesnt make sense, as the gfx card is a gf fx5200 128mb, just has a heatsink on it, and it runs in full detail 1024 * 768 32bit colour.
Old 6th April, 2005, 10:23 PM
AOA Staff

I've got it here. Haven't played in ages, but it is a very good game!
Old 6th April, 2005, 11:21 PM
AOA Staff
Asteroids Champion, Maeda Path Champion, Disco Racer Champion, Alpha Bravo Charlie Champion, Van Champion

Send a message via MSN to Pitch

Same, I got addicted to playing it multiplayer.

There are some interesting mods for it too.

XBL/PNS = neolad
Old 6th April, 2005, 11:28 PM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via AIM to piccoLEW Send a message via MSN to piccoLEW Send a message via Yahoo to piccoLEW

i also got some freelancer plus cd on ebay, i mistook it for the actual game (d'oh), havnt tried any add ons yet but some look interesting, here's a link to the auction i won:
link
Old 6th April, 2005, 11:42 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Downloading now, hey the price was right! ":O}
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 7th April, 2005, 12:47 AM
Member/Contributer

I've not gotten round to playing it properly yet but I've played X2 which is along the same lines so any one who likes this might consider giving that a look.

Tobias F√ľnke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Old 7th April, 2005, 04:23 PM

Not really a rant, but I found it interesting how the whole universe was 2 dimensional. You never had to visit planet X, then fly upwards to planet Y, everything was on the same plane, all of the trade lanes were horizontal.

Brilliant game though. I thoroughly enjoyed the storyline.