AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Software > GAMES! OH YEAH!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 16th December, 2001, 03:26 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Castle Wolfenstein/joystick options?

Do Castle Wofenstein and Return to CW have Joystick options?
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 16th December, 2001, 05:33 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Phiber Send a message via AIM to Phiber

not to thread crap but is RTCW good?
XP 1800+
[color]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 16th December, 2001, 06:07 AM
Systems Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Superman

Quote:
Originally posted by phiber
It is awesome. I highly recommend you acquire a copy.

"You have to go outside the sequence of engines, into the world of men, to find the real originator of the rocket. Is it not equally reasonable to look outside nature for the real Originator of the natural order?
-C.S. Lewis

Director of JavaScript section of the Allied Sites Support Team, web designer and programmer for DaOCPlace, and co-web designer and programmer for AOA Files

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Old 16th December, 2001, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Superman53142

It is awesome. I highly recommend you acquire a copy.
notice how you said acquire do you doubt my legalness?
sheesh
XP 1800+
[color]
Old 16th December, 2001, 07:45 AM
Systems Administrator

Quote:

notice how you said acquire do you doubt my legalness?
sheesh
No comment

"You have to go outside the sequence of engines, into the world of men, to find the real originator of the rocket. Is it not equally reasonable to look outside nature for the real Originator of the natural order?
-C.S. Lewis

Director of JavaScript section of the Allied Sites Support Team, web designer and programmer for DaOCPlace, and co-web designer and programmer for AOA Files

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Old 16th December, 2001, 07:53 AM
eobard

Quote:
No, it's not.

It's MASSIVELY COOL GREAT!!!! As for the joystick thing I dunno, but the original did have that option, why anyone'd care now I also dunno.
Old 16th December, 2001, 08:08 AM
Systems Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by eobard
why anyone'd care now I also dunno.
Based on previous posts, it appears that Dan doesn't like keyboards in games too much. All I can say is, poser first-person-shooter-playa

-C.S. Lewis

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Old 16th December, 2001, 08:17 AM
eobard

Quote:

Based on previous posts, it appears that Dan doesn't like keyboards in games too much. All I can say is, poser first-person-shooter-playa
What I was referring to was why would anyone want to know anything about the playing parameters of the original game? Will the ability to use a joystick decide weather you'd install and play that version or not? The demo of the new one takes 64 megs compressed, the original demo took less than a single floppy disk compressed. Mind you the background music was kinda cool on the original.
Old 16th December, 2001, 09:45 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

The box, as yet unopened, says under requirements that you must have the 1st. Wolfenstein to use the Return to Castle Wittgenstein, is this the case or not??

My bad, I misread the very small print. it does not say you need the 1st wolfenstein":O}

Phiber is that a yes you can use your joy stick? Sorry I only speak Seattle English!":O}
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Last edited by Daniel ~; 16th December, 2001 at 10:56 PM.
Old 16th December, 2001, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Daniel ~
The box, as yet unopened, says under requirements that you must have the 1st. Wolfenstein to use the Return to Castle Wittgenstein, is this the case or not??

Phiber is that a yes you can use your joy stick? Sorry I only speak Seattle English!":O}
lol.....i dunno
XP 1800+
[color]
Old 17th December, 2001, 01:06 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

I opened the !@#$^&#%^*$^& Box and NO JOYSTICK OPTIONS!!!! Combined with Max Pain that's $85.00 bucks down the drain!

Damn when did this no joystick crap start. EVERY game I've bought since Doom has had Joystick options! It never even occurred to me someone would put one out without a joy option!!

Does anyone know of a W2K program that can map keystrokes to a joystick??
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 17th December, 2001, 04:22 AM
Systems Administrator

Quote:
I opened the !@#$^&#%^*$^& Box and NO JOYSTICK OPTIONS!!!! Combined with Max Pain that's $85.00 bucks down the drain!

Damn when did this no joystick crap start. EVERY game I've bought since Doom has had Joystick options! It never even occurred to me someone would put one out without a joy option!!

Does anyone know of a W2K program that can map keystrokes to a joystick??
LOL, why don't you just try without joystick real quick? Perhaps it isn't as bad as you think.

-C.S. Lewis

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Old 17th December, 2001, 04:29 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

It's WORSE than I thought. I love my Joystick! being left handed and Dyslectic does not create a great deal of keyboard versatility in one.... at lest not in me. I just can't understand WHAT THEY WERE THINKING!!!! Why do they think people buy joysticks!??

As Joysticks are the norm in games, ( however many or few customers actually use them) they should at at lest have the decency to say they don't support them! Now I'm going to have to go another six months without a new game, I can't afford to buy anther.
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 17th December, 2001, 04:50 AM
Systems Administrator

Quote:
It's WORSE than I thought. I love my Joystick! being left handed and Dyslectic does not create a great deal of keyboard versatility in one.... at lest not in me. I just can't understand WHAT THEY WERE THINKING!!!! Why do they think people buy joysticks!??

As Joysticks are the norm in games, ( however many or few customers actually use them) they should at at lest have the decency to say they don't support them! Now I'm going to have to go another six months without a new game, I can't afford to buy anther.
Hmmm, I saw this on download.com. Claims to support NT. I don't have a joystick so I can't tell you if it works in XP (which wouldn't help you much anyway ), but you could try it. Apparently if it works you would need to buy it, as it supports only 5 minutes of continous use. I'll keep looking. http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0...st-7-8.1552343

EDIT: This one claims to support 2000. http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0...st-7-9.7059880

-C.S. Lewis

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Old 17th December, 2001, 04:57 AM
eobard

Quote:
being left handed and Dyslectic does not create a great deal of keyboard versatility in one....
.ereh melborp a evah t'nod I
Old 17th December, 2001, 05:04 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Many thanks Superman! I'll wait a bit and see what you can come up with, Both look pretty chancy, with poor results. But if worst come to worst, I'll give one or both a try.
Quote:

Hmmm, I saw this on download.com. Claims to support NT. I don't have a joystick so I can't tell you if it works in XP (which wouldn't help you much anyway ), but you could try it. Apparently if it works you would need to buy it, as it supports only 5 minutes of continous use. I'll keep looking. http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0...st-7-8.1552343

EDIT: This one claims to support 2000. http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0...st-7-9.7059880
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 18th December, 2001, 04:12 AM
Banned

I haven't found anything yet, have checked google, there were some links but I didn't speak their language
Old 18th December, 2001, 05:22 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Pinky
I haven't found anything yet, have checked google, there were some links but I didn't speak their language
Then nether would I! LOL Thanks pal.
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 18th December, 2001, 03:41 PM

Why dont' you use a game pad? I've never found a joystick to work well for games other than flight sims.

I prefer to use the mouse to look and shoot, and use the ESDF keys to move (versus the WADS cluster), so I can use my pinky for some keys. Just what I've found most comfortable.

As for RTCW being so great....neh. I'd have to disagree. I don't think it's overly impressive. Maybe I'm just getting burned out on FPSes (God forbid!), but I hate the fact that these new games coming out are being touted as the second coming, when they're just another FPS. I think the last FPS I played that kept me coming back for more was Deus Ex. Heck, I still haven't beat Half-Life, or even played Opposing Forces or Blue Shift. I just don't see them as being that revolutionary. Deus Ex was. Most impressive.

The Original Castle Wolfenstien was the biznnomb. The very first FPS I can recall. I don't think there were any before it. But it was great. Loved it. Beat all six episodes. Still have them all, actually. Ah, nostalgia.
Old 18th December, 2001, 10:36 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

OK, who can suggest a Game Pad (W2K W2K W2K). And can any one state for sure that it will work in Max Payne and Return to Wolfenstein?

Hey I like what I saw in both game and really would like to play them, but I'm just to keyboard impaired to enjoy them":O{

BTW Much Thanks Wally!
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur