AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Software > GAMES! OH YEAH!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 3rd July, 2003, 01:41 AM

Send a message via AIM to Matt McFaul

how many mice?

How many mice do you go through in a month???? Has anyone noticed a lag that developes and seems almost like a warming up effect with the explorer? and finally does anyone know where you can buy replacement feet? Got the wax but geesh that stuff doesnt last long!
P4@4ghz,16x250 1:1ddr, prommie cooled, 1gb hyperXpc4000@250 8-4-4-3, ic7max3, dual antec true control 550's, dual raptor 36.4 raid 0 16kstrips,bfg 6800 gt oc at 450/1050 danger den nv40 block, audigy 2zs platinum,viewsonic p220f,klipsch promedia 5.1thx.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 3rd July, 2003, 03:02 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Sheesh, mine last for years. Can you tell that I'm not a gamerholic?
Old 3rd July, 2003, 03:51 AM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via AIM to piccoLEW Send a message via MSN to piccoLEW Send a message via Yahoo to piccoLEW

i still have mine in use i dont think i been playing enough games
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 3rd July, 2003, 03:58 AM

hmm,

maybe its just me then....I take really good care of them, I clean them daily and wax the feet with mouse wax and I use the smoother side of a func surface 1030. Even still my mouse feet ussually only last about a month and then I notice definate lag in the response of the buttons. Maybe I am just to tense when Im playing...I only really play ut2k3 instagib online but I do play for many hours of intense play at a time.
P4@4ghz,16x250 1:1ddr, prommie cooled, 1gb hyperXpc4000@250 8-4-4-3, ic7max3, dual antec true control 550's, dual raptor 36.4 raid 0 16kstrips,bfg 6800 gt oc at 450/1050 danger den nv40 block, audigy 2zs platinum,viewsonic p220f,klipsch promedia 5.1thx.
Old 3rd July, 2003, 06:18 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

I use a trackball, lasts and lasts and lasts.
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 3rd July, 2003, 07:12 AM

track ball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel ~
I use a trackball, lasts and lasts and lasts.

you do first person shooters with a track ball?
Old 3rd July, 2003, 03:28 PM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via AIM to piccoLEW Send a message via MSN to piccoLEW Send a message via Yahoo to piccoLEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt McFaul
you do first person shooters with a track ball?
i used to before i got my own computer, i had a lovely gimmick for tfc

the incredible helicopter-like solly. used to rocket-jump up, and spin that wheel. Its also good for the "jump" mod for quake 2. some jumps require long distances, and can only be completed if you do a spin in the air, not impossible on a normal mouse, but a dam sight easier to pull off with a trackball.

as for the feet on your mouse i am assuming you are using an optical mouse I use one of them as well, but i also still use a mousemat, the feet on my mouse are fine
Old 3rd July, 2003, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccoLEW
i used to before i got my own computer, i had a lovely gimmick for tfc

the incredible helicopter-like solly. used to rocket-jump up, and spin that wheel. Its also good for the "jump" mod for quake 2. some jumps require long distances, and can only be completed if you do a spin in the air, not impossible on a normal mouse, but a dam sight easier to pull off with a trackball.

as for the feet on your mouse i am assuming you are using an optical mouse I use one of them as well, but i also still use a mousemat, the feet on my mouse are fine

I do find myself lifting the mouse often too...then I guess I ussually do it so fast that its a good amount of impact when I place it back down....ah dang....was just thinking that this mouse thing is driving me nutts. Newegg sells them bulk so I was just going to preorder some for reserve but finding out what bad habit is causing such excessive wear would be a lot cheaper!
I switched to a different mouse last night cause I ran out of microsoft and I must add that the mx500 and mx700 are highly overrated. I did okay but nowhere near my normal frag count. Had to change my name to mouse tester......hehe
Old 3rd July, 2003, 05:58 PM
Member/Contributer

my mousemat
Attached Thumbnails
how many mice?-ryo-ohki.jpg  
Old 3rd July, 2003, 07:00 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Joystick and Trackball":O}
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 3rd July, 2003, 07:25 PM

dangit,

Quote:
Joystick and Trackball":O}
I wish I could drive up there this month just to see that??? I use the thrustmast tactical for my left hand cause My hands are big.....but I never thought of trying a trackball....has the technology changed much or is that something you would just have to get used to? Are alot of people doing that?
Old 3rd July, 2003, 08:47 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

I hated it at first! But Unreal II forced it on me! Now I have seen the light! Much easier to aim, much more precise and I can turn fast as lightning. The only real problem is when I panic, over spin the ball and end up not knowing in which direction I'm facing or if it's up or down. Note to self, "Don't panic Daniel ~!"
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 3rd July, 2003, 11:08 PM

Quote:
I hated it at first! But Unreal II forced it on me! Now I have seen the light! Much easier to aim, much more precise and I can turn fast as lightning. The only real problem is when I panic, over spin the ball and end up not knowing in which direction I'm facing or if it's up or down. Note to self, "Don't panic Daniel ~!"

thats true, I suppose It couldnt hurt to try it on some single player stuff....damn you if you just furthered my addiction!
Old 3rd July, 2003, 11:28 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

I warn it DOES take some getting use to! LOL

For me that just means I get some pretty good adrenalin rushes in old games":O}
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 4th July, 2003, 12:12 AM
Member/Contributer

Quote:
I warn it DOES take some getting use to! LOL

For me that just means I get some pretty good adrenalin rushes in old games":O}
quake2 is old get that! yes yes and and get the latest sulq2 or something, then get gloom! thats asold as 1998 and i'll see you lata

connect onecall.ip.planetgloom.com

gloom is also coming to quake3
Old 4th July, 2003, 01:40 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

I'll never part with my copies of Quake I or II ":O}
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 4th July, 2003, 02:10 AM

ut2k3

have you guys tried ut2k3 instagib??? its fast and furious!!!! Been doing that for 7 months now and really good groups of people (mature) in the west coast servers! 2 thumbs up!!
Old 4th July, 2003, 02:31 AM

I'm right there with you Daniel, I'll never give up Quake. I have all of them 1,2 and 3 with all the addons and more maps than should be legal. My only complaint with XP is Q1 will not install. So I put it on my sons 98 system then just ask if I can use his sys.

As far as how long does my mouse last? I ware out the left button about every 10 to 12 months.

SW

2nd Rig, MSI K7N2 Delta 2, XP-3200 Barton, Global Win CK-38 w/60mm Delta, 9600XT, XP Pro

99% of all computer problems are sitting in front of the monitor But.... so is the Solution!
Old 4th July, 2003, 03:13 AM
Member/Contributer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadisticWarrior
I'm right there with you Daniel, I'll never give up Quake. I have all of them 1,2 and 3 with all the addons and more maps than should be legal. My only complaint with XP is Q1 will not install. So I put it on my sons 98 system then just ask if I can use his sys.

As far as how long does my mouse last? I ware out the left button about every 10 to 12 months.

SW
cant you just install quake on the 98, then burn the quake folder to a cd, and copy it to the xp machine?
Old 4th July, 2003, 04:06 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Q II will install for me, but none of the add on's.. But I never looked around for support or a work around for 2000 Pro, there's bound to be something out there.
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur