AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Software > GAMES! OH YEAH!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 16th January, 2002, 06:46 PM

Send a message via ICQ to FerrariF50 Send a message via AIM to FerrariF50 Send a message via Yahoo to FerrariF50

Angry What the heck is happening!!

Each time I start a game the game starts but like F1 2001 where the opening logo comes on the game minimizes and so I click the task bar to maximize it again but again it minimizes on it's own again...Sometime if i'm lucky I can get it to stay maximized...and now it's starting to become a pain in the ass... I'm running Windows Xp Pro.

------------------------------------------------
:My System:

Amd 1.1Ghz ThunderBird

128Mb Ram
Windows Xp Pro
16.6 Gig Ibm drive
5.6Gig Maxtor drive
Hitachi Gd-2500 dvd-rom drive
Sony CRX-140E Cd Writer
TDK 52/24/48 Cd Writer
Ibm/Sony G94 Monitor 19"
Yamaha YST-MS201 speakers
Intel PII450Mhz <-------Server computer
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 16th January, 2002, 08:54 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

This is a hunch, not a certified fact, OK? Looking at your list of hardware, I'm struck by the lack of RAM. 128 Mb just doesn't cut it anymore. Sorry that RAM has ballooned in price, but you need another 256 Mb, at least. IMHO.

Your symptoms point to a shortage of Video RAM, but it may well be the lack of RAM on your mobo.
Old 16th January, 2002, 11:51 PM

Send a message via ICQ to FerrariF50 Send a message via AIM to FerrariF50 Send a message via Yahoo to FerrariF50

I was going to get a stick of 1GB ram but the size of it looked like it would not fit in my mobo so I'm going to go for a smaller size.

------------------------------------------------
:My System:

Amd 1.1Ghz ThunderBird

128Mb Ram
Windows Xp Pro
16.6 Gig Ibm drive
5.6Gig Maxtor drive
Hitachi Gd-2500 dvd-rom drive
Sony CRX-140E Cd Writer
TDK 52/24/48 Cd Writer
Ibm/Sony G94 Monitor 19"
Yamaha YST-MS201 speakers
Intel PII450Mhz <-------Server computer
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 17th January, 2002, 05:43 PM

I'd try reinstalling it first. Then I'd mess around with any game settings that may conflict (monitor resolution maybe). RAM shouldn't really be a problem, but adding another 128mb wouldn't hurt. Another 256mb is a bit much considering the prices of it now. A total of 256mb should do nicely for everyday applications
Old 17th January, 2002, 05:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by It_The_Cow
I'd try reinstalling it first. Then I'd mess around with any game settings that may conflict (monitor resolution maybe). RAM shouldn't really be a problem, but adding another 128mb wouldn't hurt. Another 256mb is a bit much considering the prices of it now. A total of 256mb should do nicely for everyday applications
I concur. A minimum of 256MB is needed to run 3d apps on windows XP Pro. Windows XP alone requires a good 128MB to run with all the bells and whistles, add some memory resident apps, and it becomes unmanageable... you're probably swapping a lot of data to the harddrive when running the games which will hurt performance and could cause something like this...

The more memory the better