AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Software > GAMES! OH YEAH!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 29th March, 2005, 02:33 AM

Half Life 2 - not so random - random annoyance

Ok so technically that isnt true this isnt random I obviously triggered it some how but Just as a warning - this may be a spoiler if you've not played HL2 yet.

So - I am playing through HL2 again - not cheating as such but obviously having been through most of it once I know when some events happen etc, and trying to exploit other factors. Had a read through PCGamer last week which had a few exploits - some of which I had already used e.g. Ball in Ravenholm. (If you've seen it you'll have seen the flyng video - not mastered this yet).

I am now in Nova Prospekt - and decided to carry a turret around - obviously auto fires, so I set it down and using it as covering fire in fights. BUT (yes I get to the point eventually) Now I have found that all of the other turrets have changed to react to me as an enemy. So is there a lesson learnt?? Well no not really - as I still hold that I'm not cheating - just exploiting the situation as defined within the games boundaries.

So Im wondering if anyone else tried this and whether the turrets turned on them or simialr things to watc out for - probably just end up going back a few saves if I cant get through - or lower the difficulty to get through the teleporter but is just a random annoyance.
Old 11th April, 2005, 05:47 AM

Send a message via MSN to mobius_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellamne
Ok so technically that isnt true this isnt random I obviously triggered it some how but Just as a warning - this may be a spoiler if you've not played HL2 yet.

So - I am playing through HL2 again - not cheating as such but obviously having been through most of it once I know when some events happen etc, and trying to exploit other factors. Had a read through PCGamer last week which had a few exploits - some of which I had already used e.g. Ball in Ravenholm. (If you've seen it you'll have seen the flyng video - not mastered this yet).

I am now in Nova Prospekt - and decided to carry a turret around - obviously auto fires, so I set it down and using it as covering fire in fights. BUT (yes I get to the point eventually) Now I have found that all of the other turrets have changed to react to me as an enemy. So is there a lesson learnt?? Well no not really - as I still hold that I'm not cheating - just exploiting the situation as defined within the games boundaries.

So Im wondering if anyone else tried this and whether the turrets turned on them or simialr things to watc out for - probably just end up going back a few saves if I cant get through - or lower the difficulty to get through the teleporter but is just a random annoyance.

It depends on which turrets you use. Some are programed friendly and some to fire on you. Carrying turrets does work pretty good
AMD A64 X2 Manchester @ 2640Mhz
DFI nF4 Ultra-D
G.Skill 2x1GB DDR400 @ 240Mhz
EVGA 8800GTS 640Mb @ 600/1800
Audigy2 ZS Gamer LE
WD 160GB S-ATA II
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!