AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Software > GAMES! OH YEAH!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.25 average.
Old 15th February, 2006, 12:55 PM
Steve Jobs

BattleField 2 has been updated to Version 1.20 from 1.12. This patch includes a wheelbarrow load of bugfixes for this game, so hopefully the stability should be brought up to a reasonable level now.

So far I have only uploaded the Version 1.12 to 1.20 update. I am currently uploading the stand alone Version 1.20 full patch.

Click Here To Download The BattleField 2 Version 1.12 -> 1.20 Incremental Patch From AOAFiles

URL: http://files.aoaforums.com/code.php?file=2399

Patchlog:

Quote:
BUG FIXES & GAMEPLAY TWEAKS
- Dolphin Diving is no longer possible
- Players can no longer jump and shoot at the same time
- "Prone Spamming" is now fixed
- "Sprint exploit" is now fixed
- Helicopters now carry 8 missiles rather than 14
- TV-Guided missile now have a shorter range
- Damage decreased from M134
- Hit points on all air vehicles has been reduced
- AA missile lock has been improved
- All support kit weapons have been adjusted
- All Sniper rifles have been adjusted
- Sa80 has been adjusted
- G3A3 has been adjusted
- Reload while sprinting has been enabled
- Medic defibrillator paddles have been adjusted. They now reload while not in use.
- SCAR-L reload sound has been fixed
- Server setting to allow friendly fire to be off on mines without affecting other weapons.
- Server search filters now work properly
- Mines can no longer be destroyed with other explosives
- Bug in MP7 fire rate fixed. Ammo count increased and mag count and damage decreased
- Flash bang effect radius decreased
- Added unlocks for Sniper and AT kits
- Fixed a bug in terrain rendering with night vision, whereby terrain was still dark in dark areas.
- Fixed a bug whereby mods that are not bf2 or not xpack permutate shaders every time a level is loaded.
- Fixed a bug whereby non-xpack mods cannot use xpack shaders.
- Fixed bug in TV guided missiles of Havoc helicopter
- The LAV25 no longer shoots through penetrable materials.
- Vehicles no longer disappear when viewed from some vehicles with a HUD (e.g. Tanks).
- Performance gain found in static mesh rendering.
- Detonation radius from grenade launcher explosions has been reduced.
- Grenade launcher projectiles now have a minimum distance.
- Decreased Flashbang count from 4 to 3
- Replaced the existing Czech Flag with the correct one in the front end

EXPANSION OF RANKS
- Ranks have now been expanded to allow for players to rank up to General

NEW FEATURE
VISIBLE UAV
- The UAV that is placed by Commanders will now include a visual element. An actual UAV will appear within the
UAV detection radius and circle the area. Players will be able to shoot it down, bringing the UAV detection to a premature end.
The Commander will be able to continue placing UAVs once the timer resets, as per current design.

KNOWN ISSUE
ATI CROSSFIRE CARDS
- Crossfire cards with 256 Megs of memory, running in CrossFire mode will run out of memory at very high resolution settings. On very high resolutions, such as 1920x1440 with 6x antialiasing. In CrossFire mode the ATI drivers are more restrictive about where resources are allocated, and as a result run out of memory sooner than with a single board. This running out of memory cause the device context creation to fail. The result is that the game just sits in a loop with a black screen. If you experience a context creation failure change your resolution to a lower setting (e.g. 1024x768 or even lower).

IMPORTANT MESSAGE REGARDING BATTLEFIELD 2: EURO FORCE AND MULTIPLAYER
- All three Battlefield 2: Euro Force levels are configured for singleplayer as well as 16 and 32 players multiplayer. 64 players multiplayer is not supported.
Happy fragging guys.
Running Fedora 15 Linux (GNOME 3)
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Drivers, Games, Demos, Mods and Overclocking Tools At AOAFiles
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 15th February, 2006, 01:25 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

Does this mean the server needs to be "patched" as well?
Old 15th February, 2006, 01:35 PM
Steve Jobs

That would be a yes I think.

The files are fairly hard to come by, but my ISP's FTP server has them all. Would you like me to get and upload the server patch?

Linux I take it?
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 15th February, 2006, 03:07 PM

Send a message via MSN to skool h8r

Goddamnit! I just get the game and i've got loads of downloading to do! I've just spent ages sorting out my HD partitions because windows reported it incorrectly which meant reimaging. Now i've got BF2 installed and i need to patch. *groan*

YouTube - Benchmark Results (Coming Soon!)
Old 15th February, 2006, 03:11 PM
Steve Jobs

You will need to get the 1.12 patch from AOAfiles, then apply it, then download the 1.12-1.20 patch, and apply that, as I am still uploading the full 1.20 patch and it seams to be taking hours.
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Old 15th February, 2006, 03:15 PM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

Thank you Aedan ! I think I finally got BF2...at last !
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Old 15th February, 2006, 03:25 PM

I guess Favu won't be bothered that there's a patch for it. I'm downloading the 1.12 patch, it's at 49% now and then i'm going to download the 1.12 -> 1.20 incremental.

Old 15th February, 2006, 03:57 PM
Benchmarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skool h8r
Hehehe, so 2 pieces of fresh meat; Me and Raphael2040. I'm actually quite surprised, i'm actually very good at flying the 'transport' helicopter, i can do some neat manoeuvres and get us out of dangerous situations, unless it involves a fighter jet up my ass or an APC firing at us. It's best when the whole chopper is full of team mates instead of just having a driver. Is it Robbie that i've heard is suppoesed to be good at flying Air vehicles? Or someone else? It was someone from AOA.
TreansportHeli packed with AOA members, front right seat; pilotassistent LT Danrok, in the back Dsio as sniper, Robbie assault and Rafael as a newbie. Running towards heli is no one else but our very own Wonderbread, who just missed taking off with the aircraft thus not killing everything that moves on the map :P

Danrok yells GET IN, GET IN, GET IN, wb yells GO, GO, GO In the last moment before the take of from ouside someone yells NEED PICKUP, NEED PICKUP and Rafael get's out pissed that the chopper hasn't moved an inch for the last 45 minutes or so since he embarked, not knowing he was all alone on the map, thus Cpt Pitch has his seat in the heli !!! Vroooooooom the transporter takes off....more of a slow vrooooom since the chopper is packed with so many souls.....

....will continue....boss's back

disclaimer: any similarities between this story and real characters are purely fiction.
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Last edited by chrisbard; 15th February, 2006 at 04:26 PM.
Old 15th February, 2006, 04:02 PM
Steve Jobs

I'm cool with being a sniper.

Would rather have Robbie flying the chopper though. Blokes with a wife and kids usually have something good to live for and fly accordingly.

Usually, but not always. Often depends how loud the children are and how fat the wife is... But Robbie's ok.
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Old 15th February, 2006, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsio

Would rather have Robbie flying the chopper though. Blokes with a wife and kids usually have something good to live for and fly accordingly.

Usually, but not always. Often depends how loud the children are and how fat the wife is... But Robbie's ok.

Hey, i'm only 16! I don't want kids yet! And as for marriage......
Doesn't mean i'm worse than him.... (ok, maybe you're right).

Old 15th February, 2006, 04:18 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

Quote:
The files are fairly hard to come by, but my ISP's FTP server has them all. Would you like me to get and upload the server patch?
Last time I checked, they never provided any patches for the Linux server. Instead, you have to download the whole thing again, re-install and then reconfigure. That makes upgrading the server a bit painful, especially as if you simply install over an existing server, the installer erases all the directories first. By all means, upload the server!
Old 15th February, 2006, 05:49 PM

I'm a good sniper. My Highest score is something 60 as a sniper. I'm going to be sergeant soon but been to busy to play recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf2000me
Skinny people are not petite in every aspect of the body, let me tell you that
Quote:
I was searching for a synonym for testicles that rhymed with hats

[/FONT]

Old 16th February, 2006, 01:32 AM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Quote:

Wifes clocking in at 125..... fat..... I think NOT!!!
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Old 16th February, 2006, 03:50 AM
Steve Jobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Áedán
Last time I checked, they never provided any patches for the Linux server. Instead, you have to download the whole thing again, re-install and then reconfigure. That makes upgrading the server a bit painful, especially as if you simply install over an existing server, the installer erases all the directories first. By all means, upload the server!
Heres the link to the 1.20 BF2 server on AOAFiles http://files.aoaforums.com/code.php?file=2400

Robbie, how often do you put her on the scales dude rofl.
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Old 16th February, 2006, 10:20 AM
Benchmarker

TransportHeli packed with AOA members, front right seat; pilotassistent LT Danrok, in the back Dsio as sniper, Robbie assault and Rafael as a newbie. Running towards heli is no one else but our very own Wonderbread, who just missed taking off with the aircraft thus not killing everything that moves on the map :P

Danrok yells GET IN, GET IN, GET IN, wb yells GO, GO, GO In the last moment before the take of from ouside someone yells NEED PICKUP, NEED PICKUP and Rafael get's out pissed that the chopper hasn't moved an inch for the last 45 minutes or so since he embarked, not knowing he was all alone on the map, thus Cpt Pitch has his seat in the heli !!! Vroooooooom the transporter takes off....more of a slow vrooooom since the chopper is packed with so many souls.....

As the chopper takes off from the carrier Alex has an angry moment and he jumps in the antiaircraft missile/bullet launcher and starts shooting. His hands are shaking pretty hard and the missiles are missing their target except one. Meanwhile not knowing who the hell is shooting at them Danrok lowers the craft and he flies above water while the transport chopper is letting a trail of heavy smoke behind. Back on the carrier Rafael is running and jumping @ the same time trying to understand why Alex is targeting him now since he has done nothing wrong or simply just nothing...

.....the shore comes to Dsio view as he's clearing his glasses with a soft cloth. Then he puts them on. Unfortunately this are the glasses that are in his left pocket (not the right one) thus they are the sun UV glasses he carries with him for luck. As he aim on shore with his AWP he cannot see that in front of him Robbie is looking for the enemy. While headshot in progress Danrok makes an avoiding missile maneuver saving Robbie's life without knowing. However loosing the grip Robbie falls down into the warm waters not more than 100m from shore. The thing is that there was Staz working on a damaged crane/something....and in the fall Robbie disconnects his H2O tube from the surface pump with his left boot. The best things are yet to come since SM sees that from his fishing boat (he was trying to lure the fishes with some light beaming device to jump in his boat) and quickly plug the tube back thus saving his life. (At 150 m under water is not pleasent to go out of air!)

....will continue !

Old 16th February, 2006, 11:36 AM

Do you know, i had the weirdest dream last night, true story. I dreamt that exact same story that robbie posted! Except i was still on the carrier in gulf of Oman. I could see wonderbread running towards the heli, which was just hovering like it was waiting for him, for some strange reason, even though he'd run up the ship towards the heli and we were on the same team, i shot him with the shotgun the the engineers carry! That's as far as i got before i started waking up.

Old 16th February, 2006, 11:45 AM

You freak!

Only joking. Up for a game skoolh8er? Add my username to your Xfire and you can follow me onto a decent server.
Or, we can go on the AOa server, whichever floats your freaky boat!

Quote:
Quote:

[/FONT]

Old 16th February, 2006, 11:51 AM
5 Card Draw Champion, Tomb Digger Champion, Alpha Force Champion, Autobahn Champion, Big Bird Hunting Champion, Mumu Champion, Attack of the Tweety Zombies Champion

Ill be up for a game in a bit if you wanna, whats your xfire name?

Join our F@H team today.. http://www.team45.info/
Are you a subscriber? No? well then, why not....
Subscribe to AOA for a better experience and faster downloads!
How to unlock and overclock your Nvidia 6800
BIOS Volt-mod your 7800gt

AOA Team fah
Old 16th February, 2006, 11:55 AM

aghastpumpkin it be!

For those lacking Xfire, Xfire is a simple easy to use chat tool that lets you interact with other gamers and friends without messing up your games.
You can use it to join other people's games without manually entering IPs etc as well.
It is very easy to use (Pressing Scroll+X brings it up while in game) and is downloadable via http://www.xfire.com/
I would highly reccomend you all use it! And it makes playing games together far easier.

Quote:
Quote:

[/FONT]

Old 16th February, 2006, 12:08 PM

Just sent you an invitation aghast. my xfire name is djkahuna