AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Software > GAMES! OH YEAH!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 26th July, 2005, 11:29 AM
AOA Staff

Angry BF2: Can't login

Right now I can't login to the Account Server. I get the message "the server refused the connection". Completely unhelpful message that we come to expect!

Anyone having a similar problem at the moment?

I see the game website is down at the moment.
Old 26th July, 2005, 11:31 AM
AOA Staff
Asteroids Champion, Maeda Path Champion, Disco Racer Champion, Alpha Bravo Charlie Champion, Van Champion

Send a message via MSN to Pitch

I have it all the time. But I think they are doing some modifications to accounts following an account exploit.

XBL/PNS = neolad
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 26th July, 2005, 11:37 AM
AOA Staff

Thanks Pitch.

The usual EA run around then...
Old 26th July, 2005, 11:38 AM
Chief Systems Administrator

Could well be related to the rollback on the accounts.
Old 26th July, 2005, 12:45 PM
AOA Staff

Up and going again....
Old 26th July, 2005, 01:41 PM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Maybe your one of the hackers!?!?!?! hahah J/K
Rob
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 26th July, 2005, 03:31 PM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

Thumbs down

After playing several hours a day, (many ppl are in vacation) a regular customer that has no hacks installed and no $h1t going on in his BF2 account, has aquired a lot of new weapons but now he must use the old ones for a while because some hackers made some $h1tty things. Is not the end of the world I agree but is more than unpleasent. What do you guys think?

Chris
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Old 26th July, 2005, 08:51 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

The persons responsible claim that they'd tried to notify EA of the issue, but that they were ignored by EA. At this point, they decided that the best course of action to ensure the hole was closed was by their actions. This way, EA could not ignore the issue and would have to deal with it.

Having seen companies fail to respond to being told they are vulnerable in the past, I can understand the frustration of these guys, who probably just wanted to make sure that BF2 didn't end up overrun with a few people cheating and ruining for others.

They did choose a course of action that is reverseable. They could have done nothing, and let other people find the vulnerabilities and cheat. If they were malicious they could have done a lot of damage to people's rankings, but they chose not to.
Old 26th July, 2005, 09:06 PM

Send a message via MSN to WonderBread Send a message via Yahoo to WonderBread

now i cant log in now!! WTF!!?!?!?
Old 26th July, 2005, 11:35 PM

Send a message via MSN to WonderBread Send a message via Yahoo to WonderBread

Its Fixed!!
Old 26th July, 2005, 11:45 PM
AOA Staff

Has been taking about 15 mins to connect to the account server at the moment!
Old 27th July, 2005, 05:02 PM
AOA Staff

E-mail from EA:

Quote:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting EA technical support. I am sorry that you are having difficulty.

You are receiving this E-mail because today there were intermittent outages with the Battlefield 2 servers, meaning that players were having difficulty logging in and playing online at certain times. You may also have noticed that weapons may have been unlocked on Ranked servers. This was a known issue that the development team has corrected.

If this is not why you are contacting us, please reply back to us and we will do our best to personally assist you.

Please note if you are contacting us about changing or missing stats, this is not something tech support can address as we can not change or add stats to your account.

If you are not happy with your stats or wish to change your name, you will need to create a new account. Stats or nicknames can not be changed or reset but, you can easily create a new account by using another E-mail address.

Please keep checking the Battlefield 2 website (battlefield2.ea.com) for more information and future updates. You can also find quick solutions or information about this game or any Electronic Arts games by visiting our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase (http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/e...r/std_alp.php?)

Thank you for your patience, and thank you for contacting us.