AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Software > GAMES! OH YEAH!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 24th March, 2006, 03:59 PM
Breakout Champion

The Godfather.

Just wanted to let everyone know that i picked up The Godfather the other day(the day it was released), and i must say it is a great game. It is like being a new character in the movie, working your way up in the Corleone family. The graphics are top notch, it has all the actual voice actors from the film(well, most of them), and the action in the game is fantastic. Its very violent, and bloody, and fairly realistic. The rendering of Old school New York is beautiful to behold, just driving across the Brooklyn bridge is a treat in itself. The story follows the film pretty closely, almost exactly most of the time. They even got a voice actor that sounds exactly like Marlon Brando. I was kind of skeptical before i got it because i am leery of any EA title, but they hit a home run with this one. I will post some screen shots soon. If you like The Godfather movies, check this game out.
Ubuntu

HP Pavillion DV9535nr Laptop

AOA Team fah AOA Team files
"Who you callin a psycho?!" Kingpin
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 24th March, 2006, 04:30 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Care to do a review for us?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 24th March, 2006, 04:39 PM
Breakout Champion

Sure, i will gladly write a review, just give me a day or two and i will post it here.
Ubuntu

Old 24th March, 2006, 05:02 PM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarkotikBuzz
Sure, i will gladly write a review, just give me a day or two and i will post it here.
YAY great news NB, just pls post lot's of pics !
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Old 24th March, 2006, 06:33 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Look forward to reading it!
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 25th March, 2006, 06:46 PM
Breakout Champion

The Godfather....Reviewed

Well, i have been playing The Godfather for quite a few hours now, and i must say i am enjoying it greatly. I must say that i am a BIG fan of the movies, so the idea of being able to play as a newly joining thug in the Corleone family had me quite excited. The game has not let me down. If you have seen the movies then you know the basic story of the game, it follows it pretty close, just adding you as a character in the background of the action. Alot of the major scenes from the movie are in the game with you playing some small part in the action. The meat of the game is very reminiscant of Grand Theft Auto, in the fact that it is an open city for you to explore and exploit. Driving around to various shops, and extorting money from them is great fun, and you have to do it all over town in order to progress. Your ultimate goal is to basically run New York City, control all its rackets and vices, and take out all the competing families, which there are five, and each controls a different part of town from Hell's Kitchen to Jersey. Some of the most fun missions are the contrtact hits. You get bonus money if you complete the hit using specific parameters, which keeps it interesting. The city is rendered very well and is quite expansive. Its very easy to get lost driving around if you dont use the map. The action in the game is great fun....there is a deep hand to hand fighting system, where you can slam people into objects, drag them through the street, throw them out of windows or off bridges or roofs, etc. Then there is the gun play, very satisfying....from basic pistols to the tommy gun and pump shotgun, every pull of the trigger feels right. My personal favorite is the molotave ****tail, burn baby burn! The AI of the gangsters you face is pretty good as well, they will take cover, shoot from cover, etc. They make it a fun challenge and keep it interesting. If you follow the story missions the game moves along at a nice pace, and you have the option to do lots of side missions and free lance work if you choose. I have heard that the game has at least 30 hours of game play, which is a nice change in this age of 6 - 10 hour shorts. I am several hours into the game and have only completed 20% of it. One thing i have to mention is the audio....it is very well done, the gun shots, the voice acting, the car sounds, pedestrians talking to each other, its great....and then there is the music...all the music from the films is here, and it is wonderful, it really adds to the emersion. In order to complete 100% of the game, there are a GREAT many goals you must achieve, and alot of different things to do, enough so that it will be hard for the game to get too repetitive. Overall if you secretely always wanted to be a gangster, or are a big fan of the movies, then this game is for you. Be warned though, this game is NOT for kids, it is very violent and definately made for adults. This game gets a big thumbs up from me....and remember....."Never go against the family".
Attached Thumbnails
The Godfather.-godfather-2006-03-25-10-24   The Godfather.-godfather-2006-03-25-10-27   The Godfather.-godfather-2006-03-25-10-33   The Godfather.-godfather-2006-03-25-10-38   The Godfather.-godfather-2006-03-25-10-40  

Ubuntu

Last edited by Gizmo; 26th March, 2006 at 06:01 PM.
Old 25th March, 2006, 06:58 PM
AOA Staff

Is the game buggy at all?
Old 25th March, 2006, 07:41 PM
Breakout Champion

I have not run into any bugs yet, it runs very smooth for me.
Ubuntu

Old 26th March, 2006, 06:01 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Thanks for the review, Narkotik. I've taken the liberty of converting the images to JPG.
Old 26th March, 2006, 06:08 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Front Page! www.aoaforums.com
Old 27th March, 2006, 09:23 AM
Breakout Champion

Thanks for the conversion help Gizmo, and many thanks for the front page. I hope you enjoy the review as much as i enjoyed writing it.
Ubuntu

Old 27th March, 2006, 09:35 AM
Breakout Champion

I thought i would add a few more shots from the game.
Attached Thumbnails
The Godfather.-brando.jpg   The Godfather.-broads.jpg   The Godfather.-car.jpg   The Godfather.-fish.jpg   The Godfather.-michael.jpg  

Ubuntu

Old 30th March, 2006, 12:06 PM

Godfather: The Game has been found to be capped at 30 FPS on the PC version.

It must have been QA'd 10 minutes before the end of the shift on a Friday.

http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=A...read&arc_id=72
Old 30th March, 2006, 08:29 PM

Ah bless EA, can we stop bombing Iraq and just use Shock and Awe tatics on their HQ
Old 30th March, 2006, 08:32 PM
Benchmarker

I don't mean to be a smart arse but after a few minutes of playing it I just gave up. The way you control the character is not on my taste. I think Mafia was 10 times better. The overall graphics are not very good !!! Just the faces are nicely done ! (1280 all on max)

Dude buy and install Constantine or Matrix The One and you'll see a real game. I think this is another unsuccesful attempt of transforming a fantastic movie into a great game ....which is not !
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Old 30th March, 2006, 08:38 PM

wonder if the 360 version will be better as its having a face lift and better physics I think
Old 30th March, 2006, 08:41 PM
Allegedly Chrisbard cloned
Gary Golf Champion, Radial Snake Champion

Send a message via Yahoo to harrybard

Dude I beat the crap of two guys but the moves were so artificial and the ppl ingame moves like robots ! After playing Constantine and Matrix this is really garbage !!!
Old 30th March, 2006, 08:44 PM
Benchmarker

Remind me not to post from IE since Harry is loged on there ! I am a Netscape user !!! Go Netscape !!!