AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Software > GAMES! OH YEAH!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 28th August, 2006, 04:41 AM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via AIM to piccoLEW Send a message via MSN to piccoLEW Send a message via Yahoo to piccoLEW

Exclamation You can't kill the messiah!

one game I am definatly looking foward to!

heres the newsletter that went out some time ago:
http://fun.ea.com/cgi-bin24/DM/y/hZgF0N8vA0CB08L30GT - its got a short video on it that i can't seem to find on the official website:

www.commandandconquer.com

anyone else looking foward to C&C 3?

Last edited by piccoLEW; 28th August, 2006 at 04:44 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 28th August, 2006, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccoLEW
anyone else looking foward to C&C 3?
Nope; once EA got their slimy hands on it...everything went down hill from there.
Old 28th August, 2006, 05:09 AM
AOA Staff
Asteroids Champion, Maeda Path Champion, Disco Racer Champion, Alpha Bravo Charlie Champion, Van Champion

Send a message via MSN to Pitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seperah
Nope; once EA got their slimy hands on it...everything went down hill from there.
QFT

I'll wait for SupCom.

XBL/PNS = neolad

Last edited by Pitch; 28th August, 2006 at 05:11 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 28th August, 2006, 05:25 AM

I'm liking the look of DOW:MOC...

I'm just disgusted with EA games in reality; then I hear about their possible acquisition of Crytek. Hell, EA is turning into the Wal-mart of game developers....soon, they'll all be contracted/assimilated under EA
Old 28th August, 2006, 10:36 AM
AOA Staff

Have to stop buying their games, then they won't have the money to buy up and butcher the good games.
Old 28th August, 2006, 12:32 PM

Give it a few months and you'll be hearing that infamous whoosh as you start World of Warcraft....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf2000me
Skinny people are not petite in every aspect of the body, let me tell you that
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsio
I was searching for a synonym for testicles that rhymed with hats

[/FONT]

Old 28th August, 2006, 12:38 PM
AOA Staff

Give it a few months and I'll be installing the Burning Crusade expansion by Blizzard.
Old 28th August, 2006, 04:29 PM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via AIM to piccoLEW Send a message via MSN to piccoLEW Send a message via Yahoo to piccoLEW

i'm hoping this game is better than the usual EA trash :P they seem to have spent their time with this game.
Quote:
Westwood studios have been an EA brand since at least Tiberian Sun was released, that wasn't a bad game, altho they were still using the induvidual name-brands back then.

I already play World of Warcraft im on Runetotem which is in battlegroup 3: #wow.bg3 on quakenet.org irc if i recall correctly
Old 28th August, 2006, 06:47 PM

Thats true, however back then Westwood was only just an affiliate of EA.
WW developers still worked on the game, and EA wasnt the company that it is in today's world.
Old 28th August, 2006, 07:15 PM
AOA Staff
Asteroids Champion, Maeda Path Champion, Disco Racer Champion, Alpha Bravo Charlie Champion, Van Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghastpumpkin
Give it a few months and you'll be hearing that infamous whoosh as you start World of Warcraft....
Wow is dieing big time.

Warhammer Online will be the next big thing.

XBL/PNS = neolad
Old 28th August, 2006, 07:17 PM
AOA Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccoLEW
Westwood studios have been an EA brand since at least Tiberian Sun was released, that wasn't a bad game, altho they were still using the induvidual name-brands back then.
No, they simply published the game, they had no say in Development.

Generals was the first game they actually developed after they aquired the franchise.

XBL/PNS = neolad
Old 28th August, 2006, 07:31 PM

I cancelled my WoW subscription.....

I want World of Starcraft!!!!

edit: or at least a Starcraft 2. Blizzard inc. has to be the dumbest developer in the history of games to not publish a second installation of that game. Going game of the year twice in a row (98-99) and people still play that much....I'm sure it would sell big time.

Last edited by tiamat63; 28th August, 2006 at 07:33 PM.
Old 28th August, 2006, 07:38 PM
Member/Contributer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
No, they simply published the game, they had no say in Development.

Generals was the first game they actually developed after they aquired the franchise.
ah.. d'oh
Old 28th August, 2006, 07:58 PM
AOA Staff

Quote:
I cancelled my WoW subscription.....
They gave Shamans pets.. I lol'd

Oh and gave them Dual Wield and also some sort of WF-esque talent for spells. (5% chance to cast a spell twice)

XBL/PNS = neolad
Old 29th August, 2006, 02:04 AM
Member/Contributer

as if shamans aren't imba enough :| altho i hear in the burnign crusade alliance will gain access to shamans and horde will gain acess to paladins.. i htink it will be a big joke if undead get pallies tho :s
Old 29th August, 2006, 02:13 AM
AOA Staff

Indeed. The New Alliance Race will gain Shamans. And the new Horde Race, will gain Paladins.

Mixed feelings about the idea, but it makes sense. Blizzard can finally buff their love child Shamans back to the Demi Gods that they are.

Also it fixes alot of raid encounters for Horde. Since Paladins and Shamans both occupy the same spots in Raids but with different skillsets.

So now Shamans don't need to spec Resto if they want to Raid. With the buff to the Elemental Tree, expect to see them in DPS. Bad news for Hunters though, as Shamans are going to essentially take their spots. Since they have endlessly more utility than Hunters.

Bloodlust is another nice bonus that Shamans will bring. It makes Raiding viable for Enchance Shammy's too.

XBL/PNS = neolad
Old 29th August, 2006, 02:53 AM

Yeah, hunter's will have a nice new challenge, but we pull better.
Plus - clothies love us. If a clothy manages pulls aggro from the MT, we have that little distracting shot thing.

Tbh, I'm still curious to see the new talents/skills for hunters, I have a feeling it should still be a "fairly" balanced load. But I still hate shammy's, nothings going to change that. Try soloing one as a hunter....
Old 29th August, 2006, 03:13 AM
AOA Staff

I am a Shammy and I can safely say the only class that can give me any issues is a Stun locking Rogue. 25% Stun resist really helps in that situation.

Warlocks -can- be problematic at times. Really depends on how long he can keep me feared for.

As and Elemental Shammy, hunters are one of the esiest targets. Low HP, doesn't want to melee and deals mainly physical rather than Magical damage.

As an Enchance Shammy, Hunters are probably a little more tricky, but not too difficult. He's only very limited options to stop me healing (Scatter Shot and Intimidation is Specced for BM) and having Frost Shock really helps in keeping him where I want him. As close to me as possible.

But saying that, I have been kited by some very good hunters before so the Match up isn't impossible, just a bit of an uphill struggle for the hunter..

If you want impossibility, put a mage up agasint a well geared Shaman. Now that's fun.

Oh and something I did while bored:

http://www.zonedump.ip3.co.uk/images/1.jpg

XBL/PNS = neolad

Last edited by Pitch; 29th August, 2006 at 03:16 AM.
Old 29th August, 2006, 03:32 AM

Lol...nice comic.

O yeah, lets not forget battle rez now;

How do you fair against a well geared pally?
Old 29th August, 2006, 03:40 AM
AOA Staff

Depends I guess.

If they are Reitibution specced, I tend to win fairly easily. Paladins are Purge Magnets.

If they are holy specced, unless they eat a huge WTF-Windfury Crit then they can normally outlast me. Bubble Heal, Stun heal, Repentance heal and to top it off Lay on Hands...

An Elemental/Resto Shaman will normally win without issue. Paladin damage is just not enough to worry a Shammy with a Shield. Especially since he'll have more than enough mana to keep Seal of Command Purged which is the main source of Damage for Paladins.

Well geared Pally's are just glorifed healbots in my opinion anyway

XBL/PNS = neolad