AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Software > GAMES! OH YEAH!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 26th March, 2002, 06:11 PM
Member/OES

Send a message via ICQ to makit3d Send a message via AIM to makit3d Send a message via Yahoo to makit3d

Cool QuArK tutorial Part 2

The second part of the QuArK tutorial is finished and posted on the website! Give it a go and post your comments/suggestions.

www.rizenet.com

Dr. Romulus is going to be creating a .pdf file of the 2 parts to be made available for download. He's so cool.

Last edited by makit3d; 26th March, 2002 at 06:15 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 26th March, 2002, 07:36 PM
Member/OES

Send a message via ICQ to Dr_Romulus

Damn right I'm cool.

I'm so cool Shaft visits me for pointers on how to get the chicks...

My Heatware

Email me here
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 1st April, 2002, 02:31 AM

Greetings.

Great tutorial - it also makes a few more ppl aware of QuArK

Lots of spelling errors tho, one in particular might confuse a few ppl. In chapter 6 (page 9?) talking about adding a light it says "Just be sure its inside your map and now out in the 'void'.". I know it's supposed to say "... and not out in the void" and most ppl will work that out, but a few ppl won't, and they will think that they have to move the light out into the void "... and now the light is in the void ...".

Apart from that, great :-)

Rowdy
Old 1st April, 2002, 02:48 AM
Member/OES

Send a message via ICQ to Dr_Romulus

Damn...

Thanks for pointing that out for me. I was reading over the tutorial for editing and it didn't even register as written wrong with me.
I'll fix it and point it out to Makit3d tomorrow.

Thanks for checking it out!!

My Heatware

Email me here
Old 11th April, 2002, 04:20 PM
Member/OES

Send a message via ICQ to makit3d Send a message via AIM to makit3d Send a message via Yahoo to makit3d

Lightbulb QuArK tutorial additions

Thanks for pointing that out. I have moved recently and only recently got back online. I'll get it fixed soon.

I am also working on a new QuArK tutorial. This one will showcase some of the more advanced features and give more details and advice on the previous covered subjects.

(Also, I am putting together a review of my P4 1.5 which has been successfully overclocked to 1.98ghz on my DFI NB70-SC motherboard. Friggin' awesome. Would you believe it runs at 1.87ghz with only minimal extra cooling and still stays more then 40 deg. F below max spec when running Ghost Recon? )

Last edited by makit3d; 11th April, 2002 at 04:24 PM.